Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nissan GTR..... sucks?

2009 CTS V is totaly awesome.
    its fabulous however my 2005 STS-V is just as fun.
    i plan on getting the 2010 DT7-V with 670 h/p once they release it
    the DT7 is a mix of the STS and the DTS

i had a 08 CTS V for a week and a half when my other one got hit ( second hit)..
    it was very fun but the STS V is better from a boat stand point.
    then i got my DTS which is even better.
    i love them all and super fun car... even the 300 h/p N* cars are very suprising.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Quote Originally Posted by teach View Post
    Nah the owners threw a giant fit so we didn't get to go. Did you go to the school in Pleasanton? The total cost to sell the GT-R was a few hundred bucks under $57k for us.

As to driving it, ya it's a thrill. I never try to look at customer cars as toys but......cmon, I couldn't help but let loose once. I live in Colorado so they didn't run as well as the others I drove but WOW. We have a 20 mile highway that is always empty with decent pavement. The take off wasn't as brutal as my old drag cars but after the initial 10-15 feet hold the (insert curse word) on. It just keeps pulling.
    Yeah, I went to the one in pleasonton, did you ever have to go to that one? Once when I went we had people from a different state. I haven't went to mercedes training yet, but the pleasonton nissan training shop is really nice! So then its true that you have to go to japan for the training. The instructor said what would probably would happen is that the instructors would go, then they would teach it in the states. Well I never think of customer cars as toys but giving half throttle or so you can tell the power is there. I wonder if it feels like a AMG SLK 55, or AMG C63? ITs cool to meet nissan guys! I'm a datsun 510 guy at heart, even though I don't have one, but will in the future, I may be lame, but its my favorate car of all time!
    Test Edit
    Last edited by SJFE; 10-12-2008 at 07:06 PM.
    Twin power =

Norcal2500HD Guest

those little 510s are awesome.....had a guy keeping up with us on one of the local roads while were were on the supermoto's....at the end of the road we all pulled over and started talking.......i want to say it was a 70' but it had a 13b rotary in it with a nice little turbo....

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal2500HD View Post
    those little 510s are awesome.....had a guy keeping up with us on one of the local roads while were were on the supermoto's....at the end of the road we all pulled over and started talking.......i want to say it was a 70' but it had a 13b rotary in it with a nice little turbo....

Was it burgandy/red? I went to a datsun car show, this guy had a really nice burgandy/red one, he was from california, cant remember if it was san jose or So cal, nice guy! Personaly I plan to swap a sr20det blacktop motor with 6 speed manual trans.
    Twin power =

Norcal2500HD Guest

It was actually primered. Guess he had just did the swap a few months prior. the road we were on we know like the back of our hand and were riding at a pretty fast clip and this guy was on our tail the whole time.......caught us off guard.

here is a nice bit of info on the quality GTR. With this I can say that the GTR and sucks can go in the same sentence.

http://need2speed.com/vb_forums/showthread.php?t=52383

I realize the guy may have abused his new car, but it should hold up better than it did. Then there is the $20k he is going to have to pay to buy a new trans.

Even better is that the new owners of the GTRs have to sign a 3 page waiver saying they won't turn off the VDC.

no kidding. why include something that can not be used
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

I wonder how many times Earnhardt took his car to a Chevy dealership when he blew a tranny?

I think most people know if you abuse something, it's gonna break.

Hmmm, that is interesting, but I still wouldn't say that the GTR sucks. If nissan is smart they will take care of this problem. That is stupid though, I can understand not warrentying abuse, but to not warrenty a advertised feature is lame, if I had one, I would want to use that feature, but at the expense of voiding the warrenty, that is enough reason for me to not buy it.
    Twin power =

Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    Hmmm, that is interesting, but I still wouldn't say that the GTR sucks. If nissan is smart they will take care of this problem. That is stupid though, I can understand not warrentying abuse, but to not warrenty a advertised feature is lame, if I had one, I would want to use that feature, but at the expense of voiding the warrenty, that is enough reason for me to not buy it.

I believe abuse of a sports car runs a fine line. If I buy a sports car with 400-500hp, I'm going to stomp on it here and there. Thats not abuse, thats using the car for what it was made to do. Abuse of a sports car to me is dumping the clutch from a dead stop or side stepping the clutch for short shifts. I read some of the articles in the link. Nissan sells a car that they brag, runs 3.7sec 0-60 but can only do it with if you click a switch that voids the warranty. Anyone else besides me see a problem with this?

Welcome to the age of big brother. We are being tracked more than we know.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

My opinion is that nissan probably looks at it like this, when you drag race, stuff breaks, espicially at launch, so they figure if you turn on LC, then your racing, and they arn't responsible. Which kinda makes since, but is lame too, there is going to be a lot of unhappy customers with broken trannys. This car is ment to be raced, if not then why include attezza feature and launch control, why have 400+ HP and 3.7 sec times. I hope nissan steps up to the plate and takes care of this problem, I can't afford one of these cars, but I have had my hopes up when I heard about it, and to see such a promising car, have a huge weak link really sucks. I don't think there is any other car that can compare for the price, but with 20k trannys maybe I will rethink that.
    Twin power =

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I believe abuse of a sports car runs a fine line. If I buy a sports car with 400-500hp, I'm going to stomp on it here and there. Thats not abuse, thats using the car for what it was made to do. Abuse of a sports car to me is dumping the clutch from a dead stop or side stepping the clutch for short shifts.

Welcome to the age of big brother. We are being tracked more than we know.
    Bingo, launch control is the exact same thing as dumping the clutch. Do that over 20 times in the first week you have it? Should it have broke? Personally I think so. Nothing....NOTHING, is fool proof. As a tech I see some of the silly stuff folks do to cars. 30k oil changes, removing air filters, jumping....the worse one I remember is a guy wanting his bed replaced because dropped about 3 tons of lumber (that was his number) from 10 foot high conveyer There is always 2 sides of a story.

Mr. Vaccaro the big brother comment is dead one. That car records every damn thing you do. Right down to when you changed the air filters. A little scary really. If you change the wing, it knows and is stored. That's how sensitive it is.

Don't really know if this would be the right place to put this, but I've always wanted one of these:
    http://www.factoryfive.com/rdsterhome.html

This chart says it all:
    http://www.factoryfive.com/roadster/...nce/chart.html

And for a little more, the MK3 could beat all of those others.

Quote Originally Posted by j.m. View Post
    Don't really know if this would be the right place to put this, but I've always wanted one of these:
    http://www.factoryfive.com/rdsterhome.html

This chart says it all:
    http://www.factoryfive.com/roadster/...nce/chart.html

And for a little more, the MK3 could beat all of those others.
    If you want to talk about kit cars, this one is awsome, and includes every nut and bolt to make the car, minus the motor (your choice of power) This car is awsome, but is a little expensive, well a lot expensive, but to have the satisfaction of building your own car is priceless.

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/

This link is awsome, but its not a kit car, I wish I had just half of his talent!

http://jalopnik.com/5065896/hand+mad...s-light-of-day
    Twin power =

The factory five is available in an all-inclusive kit w/ everything minus motor and trans for $19000.

Check out some of factory five's other cars:
    http://www.factoryfive.com/

They just cam out with the '33 hot rod. Check out the front shock setup!

I know it'll never happen but a '66 Nova is my dream car.

I have lots of dream cars, but right now the one on top is one I don't have to work on lol, (my poor little honda's getting old)
    Twin power =

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12