Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: ***NEW**** Pro Boat Voracity 36" Mono!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrover View Post
    So far I have been able to hit 48.7mph with the stock, unaltered prop. My particular stock prop looks to be a little less than perfect. Instead of working on it, I decided to sharpen and balance a x645 which Rafael has said is equivalent to the stocker. This morning the boat ran 51.0mph with the x645. I also ran an x642 and it was significantly slower. I freely admit that I'm brand new to working on props and choosing them. I'm just learning and having fun. The boat seems to be running a little wet maybe even with the batteries all the way back and the tabs neutral. I still haven't touched the tabs or the strut.
    There is enough play between the strut and the stuffing tube to give you a max of 2* positive or negative angle without having to bend the stuffing tube or kinking the flex shaft. I run mine with as much positive as I can get. I like it to run a lose as possible.

Also if your prop is damaged, please call our Product Support line to get a replacement.
    Last edited by Rafael_Lopez; 08-18-2015 at 05:40 PM.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

You're awesome Rafael. Thanks for the offer but I'm not to concerned with the 1.3 mph out of that particular prop. It's probably the boat set-up anyway. I really do appreciate that though.

Yes, I may "trim it up" a hair and see what happens. My batteries are 5000mah 3S packs so I'm thinking they are a pretty standard size.

IMG_5971.jpgIMG_5972.jpgIMG_5973.jpgIMG_5974.jpg

I thinned and polished the prop some, I re routed the water lines so the water comes out of the top of the motor and then out the boat. I made the loop on the left side of the ESC larger.
    I use pro boat Grease, I have tried others and they are not the same, someone asked that.
    I just finished a 4 minute full throttle run in choppy water with the boat running tight.
    Love this boat, grease, charge and go!
    the bulk head fitting for the water line IN came out,,I think it was glued in with CA, will re glue with silicone

Got mine!!!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by hobby_man View Post

I use pro boat Grease, I have tried others and they are not the same, someone asked that.
    Thanks for the reply, figured I'd ask the seasoned hobbyists!

I can't wait to run mine! This boat is perfect size and proportions, and any angle this boat just looks boss!

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Got mine!!!
    Let us know if this thing likes a x645 or a m645 and setup thanks mine is on its way should be here by weakened.

i think im going to try the prather 230 prop what do you guys think?

A Prather 225 not a 230 without changiing Speedo a 230 to much prop would draw to much amps put that spedo in amp protection mode.

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    A Prather 225 not a 230 without changiing Speedo a 230 to much prop would draw to much amps put that spedo in amp protection mode.
    What do you mean by without changing speedo? Is that an esc? I have already upgraded to a 180amp esc.

Ya should be good then.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    What do you mean by without changing speedo? Is that an esc? I have already upgraded to a 180amp esc.
    Yes. You are correct.... Speedo = ESC

EDIT.. Montymike beat me to it! lol

Ya should be good then.
    Do you think a 235 would be too much? I want to max out the the boat

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    One of the BEAUTIFUL things about this boat is that it can be run pretty hard in REAL water conditions... In other words... it doesn't have to be glass to get 45+ out of it while lapping around the pond...
    Really an ideal "fun" size!
    Great to read that, this is exactly the reason why I was thinking of getting this boat.
    I am running my boats on a very large lake (->"Lake Geneva") and I have always felt that my Miss Geico was too small, especially in -relatively- rough water conditions.
    Last edited by Stingray; 08-19-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Thinking if u put that if you put that big of prop that motor would get hot.bigger motor connectors and bigger battery connectors 40x92 motor .

Looks like everyone wants mod this boat , like we always do... L.O.L.

Leave something stock? What fun is that?
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Perhaps not "bigger", but bigger isn't always better. More efficient is what you are looking for... Sharp and thin would be a great starting point...
    Think when I get mine will do this he knows.... Won't throw of the ballance of the boat

Do you think a 235 would be too much? I want to max out the the boat

Prather props have always proved the slowest out of any props I've tried except plastic. I'd stick with octura and abc. Get a abc 1815-17-45 and I bet it's faster than the stock prop by at least 5mph. I've pulled less amps on this prop than a m645 but who knows how it will react on this boat. If you wait till this weekend I will have tested a few different props on it and I should be able to get video on it.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Prather props have always proved the slowest out of any props I've tried except plastic. I'd stick with octura and abc. Get a abc 1815-17-45 and I bet it's faster than the stock prop by at least 5mph. I've pulled less amps on this prop than a m645 but who knows how it will react on this boat. If you wait till this weekend I will have tested a few different props on it and I should be able to get video on it.
    Thanks can't wait to run mine

I can definitely wait to get your results. I only like Prather cause they come in stainless steel. I wish octura did. But oh well. I have a 225 I can test on the boat tomorrow. But I will wait for your results before I order some new props. Thanks

I can definitely wait to get your results. I only like Prather cause they come in stainless steel. I wish octura did. But oh well. I have a 225 I can test on the boat tomorrow. But I will wait for your results before I order some new props. Thanks

Well I'll let you know.....

Paul where and how did you mount your 180a ESC? I was looking at my Seaking 180a and it looks like I will have to shave off the stock ESC mounting posts to put it in the same spot.

I'm using a v2 180 and the mounting holes on the seaking will work with the stock mounting holes it's just Kinda tight I will take a picture when I get home

I'm planning to mount the 180v3 in mine this weekend. I will likely mount mine further up the side on the hull floor. Just like kfxguy did with the ESC upgrade in his Voracity.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...-tuning-thread

Also I will be adding a Cap Bank to mine. That will prob go where the old esc was mounted.

1815-17-45 .Cl or cp?

1815-17-45 .Cl or cp?
    There's only one 1815-17-45....

Ok thanks....

If your not subscribed to my voracity tuning thread I want to let you guys know a m645 is a 3.5mph bolt on over a stock prop. and a abc 1915 is a 6mph increase over stock but you must have an upgraded Esc because I didn't log the amps. I will be logging soon tho. I have a spare mgm Esc with data logging so I can compare.

I have to say that Horizon Hobbies/Proboat has the BEST customer service!

My Voracity arrived with a bent prop. It was not damaged in shipping. It must have slipped through quality control and was installed as such.

After a brief phone call to the Horizon Customer Support team and Vola! I have a new replacement prop on the way to me!!

Outstanding!

Not sure if anyone has done this yet, but just for reference as to the physical size, here is a Voracity hull compared to the IM31 hull...

And, Keep in mind... the IM31 has a 1.5" or so overhang, so the keel-line is actually only 29". The Voracity is 37" long, and the transom is flat...

20150821_210557.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast