Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***NEW**** Pro Boat Voracity 36" Mono!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Picture a 40 minute Q-Offshore heat!
    Not the way I drive. My throttle finger is cramping up just thinking about the ocean like conditions.

Raff, those numbers are reasonable with quality equipment. If we try to run those temps on what we think of as "spec" you get failures.

My Q sport comes in at 138 every run.
    Noisy person

any idea what the temps and run times would be on 4s? i remember Darin stating that it was running at approx 40mph on 4s.i myself dont really have experience at 50mph,so i would like to crawl before i walk so to speak.with 4s,could you prop up or would that even be necessary? just wondering,as im starting to like this boat more as more info is given.thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post
    any idea what the temps and run times would be on 4s? i remember Darin stating that it was running at approx 40mph on 4s.i myself dont really have experience at 50mph,so i would like to crawl before i walk so to speak.with 4s,could you prop up or would that even be necessary? just wondering,as im starting to like this boat more as more info is given.thanks in advance.
    I had one tester that specifically tested on 4s. Below is one of his runs. His runs vary +/- 5*, or so. As you can see, the increase of voltage really heats up the connectors. ESC and motor temps stay pretty constant regardless of voltage.
    Run Time (min/sec) 4:25
    Battery Temp (°F) 138
    Bat Plug Temp (°F) 145
    Motor Temp (°F) 130
    Motor Plug Temp (°F) 136
    ESC Temp (°F) 129
    Steering Servo Temp (°F) 88
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

thanks for the quick reply.judging by what you provided,the only thing that i should be concerned about is the connector temperature.is 50c the minimum discharge rate that we should be using,even on 4s?

Yes, we recommend 2, DYNB3810EC for 4s.
    Rafael Lopez

thanks for the info.much appreciated.

I wonder how two 6s 3300mah packs in parallel would do in this boat ?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I wonder how two 6s 3300mah packs in parallel would do in this boat ?
    I'm wondering the same thing. I have similar matching pairs of 6s packs from my Helis.

So, it must be safe to assume a 36-inch twin cat is on the way, right?
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeler View Post
    So, it must be safe to assume a 36-inch twin cat is on the way, right?
    By the way, should ProBoat offer a 36-inch cat, I'd love to see it in either the Blackjack or Geico livery, rather than Rockstar livery.

Back on topic: Thanks for bringing the Voracity 36 to market. It looks like a good product, and I'm very interested.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

Back off topic. haha

A 36" Geico would be a riot.
    Noisy person

Rafael,

Is Horizon (Pro Boat) still on schedule with anticipated physical stock with the time-line mentioned a few pages back?

Regards,
    Joe

Yes.

Any delays will be announced through our website and I'll make sure to let you all know.
    Rafael Lopez

Thanks.

I did notice that the Pro Boat website indicates Late August.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Back off topic. haha

Agreed !
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Anyone have an idea on how to mod the rudder to have a breakaway feature??

Short of cutting the bracket and adding a plate with brass hardware or..
    Just thinking ahead ....

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Back off topic. haha

I really wanted a 36" Geico V.... Kind of like the Geico Cig....
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Again, a miss geico / blackjack 36" cat please...

I really want a boat designed to run on 6s 5000mah packs.... a lot of my boats, planes, helis, Taft viper jet, etc.. run on the 6s 5000's... so I have an Abundance... I'd like a RTR boat that will run 6s2p 10,000mah and I'd be a happy camper... is there room in this boat for such packs?

Hi Jim.

There is definitely room to fit 6S battery packs side by side but because 6S packs are usually wider, the battery packs will not completely sit centered in the tray. At least the E-flite 5000mAH packs I laid in there wouldn't fit centered on the trays. The battery straps fit 6000mah, hard case packs, max. The included straps are 240mm in total length.

My personal opinion, excessive weight equals friction due to lack of lift, which causes the system to work harder, raising the amperage demand, and generating more heat. To me, its the equivalent of a Ford F150 with the fuel tank of a small school bus. The extra capacity is canceled out by the extra weight.

What I would recommend is that you get some really long straps and mount 1 pack in the center of both battery trays.
    Rafael Lopez

Got ya Rafael... thanks for the response....

I hear ya on the weight issue.... maybe its a 39" rtr boat I need for my two 6s packs :) haha...

btw have you tried 6s 2p? I think my HK packs are very similar with 3s packs in width as the 6s packs.... mine may fit, I also run Gens Ace / Pulse packs.... hoping the extra weight while maybe losing a few mph might make it even better in the rough stuff!

Very nice boat... reminds me of a better looking aeromarine titan 40 .... really happy to see ProBoat stepping it up in the boat category... electric especially... with all the power options out there bigger and bigger electrics are becoming more and more reliable!!! What a good day and age to be in the RC hobby!

Thanks again!

There are many packs out there that could work. Our packs are probably some of the largest on the market. I got some test packs from a manufacturer that are 4S 5700mah and are smaller than our Dynamite 3S 5000 packs. Technology is moving so fast, its hard to keep up.

I appreciate everyone's request for larger boats. This community is very small, but very insightful. Unfortunately with anything that is licensed, there are royalties involved which means we have to pass on the cost to our customer. This sometimes prices us out of the market. The GEICO team is one of the best and easiest teams to work with which is why the GEICO 29 lives on. But personally, as a customer, I wouldn't want to see the same scheme recycled over and over again on just a larger version of a current boat. We have plenty more boats coming up. As Jim said in his last post, technology has come a long way. We are managing to make things work, which no other RTR company has done yet successfully, or does not want to do, for whatever reason. I ask that you be patient, I promise most of you wont disappointed with what we currently have on the stove.
    Rafael Lopez

I for one could care less about a decal with a name of a big name on it.... I myself would be much happier with just "scale" type boat schemes.... windshields painted scale, and maybe some of the normal paint Schemes (colored checkered flags) etc... like we see on the full size boats. I think plenty of us remove such nonsense ..... would be interested to see how many multi FE boat owners care about the "Miss geico" decals etc... rather see more multi colored scale colors... in fact I like the look of this boats scheme much better then the Geico... certainly not worth paying royalties!

I am going to do a pre-order on one of these the next time HH has its sale, or survey discount lol.... I should have done it a couple weeks ago, but hopefully a sale will be in the near future..... I have been delighted in the service I have received from HH over the years with my planes, etc... also, so when I do buy a RTR to mess with its always been a Proboat.... way back I dunked a old DX7 Spektrum in the water when I had it attatched to my neckstrap and bent over to pick a plane on sponsons in the water.... Horizon Hobbies completely rebuilt the radio and sent it back NO CHARGE.... hard to take business elsewhere when they do things like that!

One last note..... why is it not one manufacturer offers two canopies... one for running fast with the typical low profile, and one an optional scale type canopy with a bit of a "dashboard panel" , seats, etc... sounds like a great way to make two boats out of one... sometimes I dream of a totally RTR scale 40 ft. Fountain, etc... just dreaming here... just seems the only scale boats out there are the "hk princess" lol... and the like... the old PB formula was the last of its kind.

Thanks again Rafael... look forward to seeing all the great new things from PB in the future.

Jason

has the slow boat from China made its arrival yet? Aug 1st is tomorrow.just wondering.....

Ya the scale 36" NOT THE GRAPHICS just a bigger cat. The geico graphics is not important...
    Last edited by montymike; 07-31-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post
    has the slow boat from China made its arrival yet? Aug 1st is tomorrow.just wondering.....
    The boats aren't due until mid-late August. I don't think I ever mentioned them being here earlier than mid month.

We can hope they catch a fast current and make it hear earlier.
    Rafael Lopez

i was under the assumption that they were to be available at the end of July.sorry for my braincramp.

Back on the subject: the quality of the new proboat is above the competition Rafael..

This happend today.

Random QC inspection; all ok. They will go in to stock within 24 hours.
    Rafael Lopez

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast