Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***NEW**** Pro Boat Voracity 36" Mono!!

I've been seeing videos of Traxxas Spartans doing 70. I can't wait for pro boat fans to get their hands on this gem. Kinda makes me sorry I just dumped a load of cash on upgrades to my impulse v2.

Quote Originally Posted by rcdad2 View Post
    I've been seeing videos of Traxxas Spartans doing 70. I can't wait for pro boat fans to get their hands on this gem. Kinda makes me sorry I just dumped a load of cash on upgrades to my impulse v2.

I'm pretty sure this boat will exceed that.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Hi Rafael:

What is the transom doubler made out of? Looks like white plastic.
    I think I saw somewhere he says its 5mm abs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Yes, ABS.

Nice boat.

I'm hoping that some people try to refrain from doo - dooing in this thread. Boat looks killer so no need for any dog doo.
    Nortavlag Bulc

If Jim Johnson complimented it that is a feat in itself. Jim isn't new to rc boating by any stretch of the imagination. A very opinionated seasoned racer I would say. Seems like all i's are dotted and t's crossed. Maybe q class is the solution to p ltd racing. But that is neither here nor there

Wow end of season for us Michigan guys... Home run...

Transom is backed with 5mm ABS. I didn't want anything porous in the boat that could take in water and expand. This seemed like the best solution.

Here is a short 6s "bash" session from last Thursdays testing. I hit something with my right turn fin so the boat started skipping a bit in tight right hand turns. It becomes noticeable around :27.
    https://youtu.be/3271LgfcCLc
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Transom is backed with 5mm ABS. I didn't want anything porous in the boat that could take in water and expand. This seemed like the best solution.

Here is a short 6s "bash" session from last Thursdays testing. I hit something with my right turn fin so the boat started skipping a bit in tight right hand turns. It becomes noticeable around :27.
    Great run!

What were the specs of the batteries you were running, i.e. capacity? I am in the process of ordering some batteries for this boat, but would like to know the run times you were achieving with those types of runs. Been years since I have been in the R/C hobby, mainly did the 1/10 scale trucks and buggys in the early-late 90's, but battery and motor technology has come along way, plus the boats tend to be more power demanding etc.

Rafael you guys hit this one out of the park! Poor traxxas people...lol
    You guys should rename it the spartan killer!!! lol

Tangent.

Darin, I noticed this comes with an SR310 receiver. Is this the "go to" rx for a the Spektrum these days? Running out of MR200's and some of my 3000's are from 2009. The end is near for them me thinks.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Tangent.

Darin, I noticed this comes with an SR310 receiver. Is this the "go to" rx for a the Spektrum these days? Running out of MR200's and some of my 3000's are from 2009. The end is near for them me thinks.
    I have found that the SR310, SR410, etc., actually have a LONGER range than the MR series. They are also "water-resistant", and the fancier versions (SR4210 I think, etc.) support AVC.

So, YES, I'd say it's these are solid.

I think the MR series has been, or will soon be, discontinued. Marine market is just too small to provide a solid business case for a Marine Specific RX.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I've seen guys running the cheapo 201 version too. No issues yet but made me nervous just watching.

Just wanted your 2 cents.

The marine units were "water resistant" but they worked submerged. I'm thinking the new units are a tic less "resistant".
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I'm thinking the new units are a tic less "resistant".
    I would actually say they are more-so...

Thanks for the video.

Here is another video I was unaware that we had uploaded already. "This is how we do it during testing"

https://youtu.be/zKKTryJdASw
    Rafael Lopez

nice lake. just wondering how the hull performs in rougher waters. thanks.

It really depends on the voltage you are running and where you place the batteries. We ran it at a different lake when it was nearly white capped but had to move the batteries all the way forward to keep it planted, on 6s. Really too fast for the conditions. 5s seems more manageable for rough water and is still very fun.

This lake in the video is well protected from wind and never gets more than maybe 2-4" "waves" or ripples. It does well in those conditions which is what you would experience running with other boats, churning up the water.
    Rafael Lopez

It really depends on the voltage you are running and where you place the batteries. We ran it at a different lake when it was nearly white capped but had to move the batteries all the way forward to keep it planted, on 6s. Really too fast for the conditions. 5s seems more manageable for rough water and is still very fun.

This lake in the video is well protected from wind and never gets more than maybe 2-4" "waves" or ripples. It does well in those conditions which is what you would experience running with other boats, churning up the water.
    thanks for the reply.i was just wondering because the body of water where im located is Lake Ontario,which doesnt get that calm too often during summer months.usually,when it is calm,there might be a 1-2" chop at the most.thats when its only an opportune time to run my boats.looks like the Voracity hull could handle that no problem.thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post
    thanks for the reply.i was just wondering because the body of water where im located is Lake Ontario,which doesnt get that calm too often during summer months.usually,when it is calm,there might be a 1-2" chop at the most.thats when its only an opportune time to run my boats.looks like the Voracity hull could handle that no problem.thanks again.
    One of my comments to Rafael while testing the samples of this boat were that it's "Perfect for NORMAL water conditions"... In other words, the typical, slightly choppy or otherwise mildly rough conditions really seemed to suit it. Water doesn't have to be glass, not for normal FUN running anyhow.

Unless you're running SAWs water like glass is boring.
    Noisy person

Totally agree with Darin and T.S. Davis

The reason we decided to use that video was because now days the first question a potential customer will ask is "how fast is it", lol.

As I mentioned up top, I like mine on 5s. 3s on the left and 2s on the right.
    Rafael Lopez

As I mentioned up top, I like mine on 5s. 3s on the left and 2s on the right.
    I haven't tested using 5S, but based on what I know of this package, I'm guessing that I could find 50+ on 5S with a little prop selection and tweaking. Maybe faster.

Agreed. Dropping down in voltage frees up amperage, which allows for a wider prop selection.
    Rafael Lopez

I'm trying to decide between a voracity 36 and an impulse 31 V3. Can someone explain the pros/cons of each?

Can those of you who have experience with 36-inch mono-hulls suggest a good prop for running this boat on 6S LiPo or 6S LiFeO4 (19.8 V nominal)?
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

Rafael or Darin, do you have a photo of the Voracity with an Impulse 31 or BJ/Geico 29 to show the size difference?
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by Chizzy240 View Post
    I'm trying to decide between a voracity 36 and an impulse 31 V3. Can someone explain the pros/cons of each?
    From my personal opinion:
    The Impulse is a bit more maneuverable because it's smaller. Think Lotus Elise VS Lambo
    The Voracity is faster out of the box.
    The Voracity will handle rougher water better than the Impulse because f their size difference. This factors in when ruining in large bodies of water.
    Power to weight, the Impulse 31 has more room to prop up on 6s.
    The motor in the Voracity is a lower KV so on lower voltage you could prop it higher and possibly be at the same speed you would be on 6S without the need for HV.
    The Impulse is easier to throw in your trunk, if your can has a trunk, lol.
    One is black and one is blue.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeler View Post
    Can those of you who have experience with 36-inch mono-hulls suggest a good prop for running this boat on 6S LiPo or 6S LiFeO4 (19.8 V nominal)?
    The boat comes with the equivalent to an X645. In my personal opinion, you may have better luck with a slightly smaller prop that has been performance tuned. You'd be amazed what some people can do with a really well tuned prop.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeler View Post
    Rafael or Darin, do you have a photo of the Voracity with an Impulse 31 or BJ/Geico 29 to show the size difference?
    I'll snap one here shortly and post it.
    Rafael Lopez

I'll snap one here shortly and post it.
    If you could get a couple shots from different angles that would be awesome. Interested in the size next to the MG if one is on hand.
    Catching Air!

Rafael, thank you for your quick response.
    '09 Miata.

MG29 V3, IM31 V3, and one of my test sample V-36
    Last edited by Rafael_Lopez; 07-09-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    Rafael Lopez

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast