Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: ***NEW**** Pro Boat Voracity 36" Mono!!

Got mine today, vary impressed!

I thought you guys might want to see the bag that I built to haul the Voracity and gear around in. It really works great to get everything to the lake in one bag.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Thank you so much for making a video. I have been thinking about doing a bag like this for 2 seasons. My problem is all my families stuff getting thrown on or falling on the boat when travelling. Love the adjustable width bunks, really great idea! Did you consider adding a vertical support piece about half way between the two ends, or is the frame sturdy enough as is?
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I really haven't seen the need to put in more vertical supports. I even sometimes set the Voracity crosswise across the top of the bag when I'm working on it and the top pipes bow a little but really not bad. I haven't seen the need to glue any of my joints so if you feel like you need to add more stuff later it would be easy. EDIT: If you think people might stack things on top of the boat bag, I would add a vertical support in the middle.
    Last edited by arrover; 08-28-2015 at 09:03 AM.

I really enjoyed watching the DIY on that boat bag, ... going to definitely look into making one!

Thanks!

Does anybody here have water coming into the hull from where the trim tabs bolt up? How can I stop that? iThought about silicon but have no idea how to get it in between the outside of the hull and the screw

Thinking you have already checked screws for tight. I have used liquid thread seal permatex.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    Does anybody here have water coming into the hull from where the trim tabs bolt up? How can I stop that? iThought about silicon but have no idea how to get it in between the outside of the hull and the screw
    Yes I have the same issue. I haven't done anything about it yet but I need to. Let us know what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Thinking you have already checked screws for tight. I have used liquid thread seal permatex.
    Yes in tightened all the screws but water still seeped in pretty bad still. Is the thread seal permatex pretty thick? Cause the screw hole is is big so I'm not sure if the permatex will just ooze off. Thanks

No goes on like thread locker but little thicker . Let dry screw in. My main use for it was for sealing 350 chev. Head bolts. Has Teflon in it.

A dot of silicone. On the inside of hull on each nut could not hurt. Guess got lucky mine does not leak. I use wood fondue sticks (take point off) to apply.

That's funny. I use wood fondue sticks for glue projects too. They work well.

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    No goes on like thread locker but little thicker . Let dry screw in. My main use for it was for sealing 350 chev. Head bolts. Has Teflon in it.
    What is no goes? Do you have a link to the product? Thanks

A good auto parts store. I were I got mine

Permatex 14h thread sealer with teflon sorry was at work.

Just put some of that permatex on it just now. Will let you guys know the results when it dries

The permatex worked great no more water in the hull

Finally got time to actually put batteries in mine to set up in the Living Room.

Is it normal for the steering servo to release a pretty loud audible hum/ buzz? I turn the transmitter on, then the esc switch and I get the hum/ buzz, however, it will go away as soon as I call for steering and doesn't come back until I power down and begin to re-power up. I made sure it was the steering servo by disconnecting at the receiver and powering up and does not make such noise when disconnected. Thoughts?

I should be putting it in the water today!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme Thunder View Post
    Finally got time to actually put batteries in mine to set up in the Living Room.

Is it normal for the steering servo to release a pretty loud audible hum/ buzz? I turn the transmitter on, then the esc switch and I get the hum/ buzz, however, it will go away as soon as I call for steering and doesn't come back until I power down and begin to re-power up. I made sure it was the steering servo by disconnecting at the receiver and powering up and does not make such noise when disconnected. Thoughts?

I should be putting it in the water today!
    My steering servo has the same startup buzz as well. I think It is often due to digital servo hunting for center upon startup. I usually just touch the rudder with my hand or turn the steering with the TX and the buzz goes away. I have run my boat this way since new for the past several weeks with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by shua View Post
    My steering servo has the same startup buzz as well. I think It is often due to digital servo hunting for center upon startup. I usually just touch the rudder with my hand or turn the steering with the TX and the buzz goes away. I have run my boat this way since new for the past several weeks with no issues.
    Mine is the exactly the same and it has not caused any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by shua View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arrover View Post
    Mine is the exactly the same and it has not caused any problems.
    Thanks guys, greatly appreciate the replies, and so quick!

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, it has been quite some time since I have been involved in the hobby. I'm excited with all the new technology, and that too was my thought, the digital servo hunting for center on start-up. It also may be louder due to resonating through the boat hull and boat hull material.

Thanks again!

I had a chance to maiden my Voracity this past Saturday. Fun, fun, fun!

Run 1: I tossed in a set of 7200mah 7.4v 2s packs and the boat was loads of fun. As indicated by everyone else with GPS, I'd say it ran a nice 30-32mph! Ran moderately for a good 6-7mins. Boat appeared stable and trimmed decently.

Run 2: Well, I was going to run 5s, but I said the heck with that, tossed in two 7200mah 11.1v 3s packs and holy crap! At least 50mph, again, not official, but indicating from those that has GPS, does all of that! People from the other camp sites flocked over to see what was screaming around the lake! Even had those on Kayaks group together to watch me run. Stable! The water was pretty favorable, and was pretty impressed with the wake this thing was throwing toward the dock (I mean not full size boat wake, but you get the idea). The rooster tail was also pretty impressive. Again, with those packs and the type of moderate running lasted from 6-7 mins. What a hoot! Even got a round of applause and whistles after the run! I thought 4s was pretty good, but 6s is great! I would assume 5s would be pretty good with some waves on the lake.

Some of the people mentioned they've seen R/C boats on the lake, however, none were nearly as quick and/ or as large.

So far, A+++ to Rafael and the Pro Boat team for bringing this 36" Deep-V to the market. Perfect size and combination as an entire RTR package.

I can't wait to dial in some trim tab adjustment! ...lets get those adjustable ones already!

---------------------------------------------

Side notes and additional questions:

The I didn't bring either run to LVC, they were close when I put them on the charger in a monitor mode just after, but the ESC LED was flashing Red. I couldn't find any indication of what that means in the instructions.

I think my esc flashes red when I hit the low voltage cutoff.... I chose to raise the cutoff on mine to protect the batteries a little more if I go that low.

nice review in this month's (Jan '16) RC Driver

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post
    nice review in this month's (Jan '16) RC Driver
    Yup... Rafael and Pro Boat are getting the praise they deserve. They definitely have stepped RTRs up to the next level!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Hi all,
    wanted to ask if someone has already the "safe" setup for reaching of 60MPH with this boat.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Niky.

Niky there is a lot of info in the Voracity tuning thread but here's a general overview. You can run 60 with the stock ESC/motor and a prop change. It is on the edge of being safe though (in my opinion). It is safe for running a couple of back and forth high speed passes but you will have to be very careful "sport" running. It may not be safe to run a full set of packs with that setup. If you switch to a 180a ESC it might be safe to run 60mph for a full set of packs. The important thing is that you check your temperatures often when you are testing a new prop/gear/setup. Someone may have an identical hardware as you but your temps may be different depending on how you run the boat, water conditions, boat setup/tuning, prop finishing, etc, etc.

Thanks arrover,
    anyway, I thought if someone has already some practical experience about it.
    So I'll know what to order by OSE store.
    Thanks again!

Hi guys,
    Yesterday I run the boat. Very stable, more stable than Impulse 31V2, cornering very nice.
    Really had fun, compliments to ProBoat!
    Anyway, I think that one pickup for cooling that is in the rudder is not enough.
    Especially during the summer. I'll order by OSE store the transom water pickup, it won't harm.
    There's one thing I want to ask if someone knows how to get to the rear bearing of the motor for lubrificate it?
    The front is in the sight, but the other (rear) is closed with some kind of cover.
    Some advice would be apriciated, thanks all.
    Niky.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast