Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***NEW**** Pro Boat Voracity 36" Mono!!

Default ***NEW**** Pro Boat Voracity 36" Mono!!

Guys and Gals,

THIS is the one I've been biting my tongue over for the past several months!

Rafael and the Gang at Pro Boat have REALLY stepped it up! I've tested this boat extensively and it TOTALLY FREAKING ROCKS!

You have GOT to check this out!!

Sorry... I know I'm sounding like a "homer", but this fills a void in the market that I have felt has been there for some time.

The hull design REALLY works well at this size, and the power system is great.

Give it a look!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/voracity...-deep-prb08018

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Looks like a winner Darin

Sweet! This is the mark that Traxxas totally missed.

Interesting strakes on this one. Looks dead on in the shot from the front.
    Noisy person

Here's your upsized impulse 31. Now there is no reason to buy a spartan! This is a bad dude!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Price?

How does the lack of a wet well affect adjustability of the strut?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Price?

How does the lack of a wet well affect adjustability of the strut?

It's listed on the site as $529. Brass bends fairly easy and it looks like it has an adjustable strut
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I did see the adjustable strut.

Adjustable strut or not, with no well, what can you really adjust other then a little positive or negative angle.
    It's not really gonna go up or down.
    The strut just holds the tube and prop in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Hi everyone! Darin thanks for making this thread and all of your help in being part of the Pro Boat Team. The Pro Boat Team isn't just us, within Horizon Hobby. It's every tester we have out there who provides use the necessary data through extensive testing to help make our products better.

The strut doesn't need to be adjusted up or down. It's placed at the boat's ideal position or depth. No different than most the boats built by most model boaters

.The strut angle is adjustable, without being overly loose or needing to bend the tube. In the picture below it is almost 3* which is more than the boat will ever need. It's loose with more than 2*, but gets upwards of 52mph, with good LiPos, on 6s. The videos are being loaded. We'll post the web promotion video soon and they are working on loading one of my many, unedited, 52 mph runs on 6s. Honestly, this boat is just fun regardless of speed claims or any of that stuff. I think customers will be very pleased with its performance and handling, over all.

Can't wait to see the vids.
    Nice looking boat.

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Here is the Video Guys...

https://youtu.be/389pNmFp5JM

Thanks for the explanation Rafael, I was just wondering why you went away from it after being used on the 31" Impulse.

Sweet looking boat, are the graphics stickers or painted?

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    Adjustable strut or not, with no well, what can you really adjust other then a little positive or negative angle.
    It's not really gonna go up or down.
    The strut just holds the tube and prop in place.

What's the difference in this and what 95% of the people on here do....they put a stinger on their mono and that only allows angle adjustment too...no? Just no bling bling.....iirc you had a stinger on yours that only allow angle adjustment.....like most everyone else that builds a boat. :)

Wet well schmet well. None of my mono have a wet well. Don't over think it guys.

This appears to be an honest to goodness 6s RTR. I see zero down side to this. Can't wait for them to start showing up at the local puddles. Maybe we'll see a surge of 6s racers. How cool would that be?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    What's the difference in this and what 95% of the people on here do....they put a stinger on their mono and that only allows angle adjustment too...no? Just no bling bling.....iirc you had a stinger on yours that only allow angle adjustment.....like most everyone else that builds a boat.
    I have no idea man. I've built most of my boats with the stinger drives and they have worked just fine.
    I did one df 26 with a wet well and strut, and really didn't find the need for all that adjustment up and down. I've only found a smal adjustment in the angle has been all I've ever needed.

Doby, trim scheme is decals, no clear. You don't like them and have young kid, like my 7 year old, they're happy to peel them off if you ask. Sometimes, if you don't ask, lo!

Any provision for a "break away" rudder?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Wet well schmet well. None of my mono have a wet well. Don't over think it guys.

This appears to be an honest to goodness 6s RTR. I see zero down side to this. Can't wait for them to start showing up at the local puddles. Maybe we'll see a surge of 6s racers. How cool would that be?
    Exactly, Terry. On pretty much EVERY mono I have, once I set the strut where it's supposed to be, I NEVER touch it again. Everything else is done with tabs, rudder angle, and battery placement.

It's a nice feature if you plan on changing prop diameters a lot, but to actually make the boat perform, it's not necessary if the strut is in the right place to begin with.

I ran my test sample with props ranging from stock to X450/3 on 6S (don't try this at home... contacts got a LITTLE )... and I never once thought to myself "gee... I sure wish I had a wet-well stuffing tube.

Focus on what IS there! Racing aside, THIS is the size of "recreational RC Mono" that is about ideal. Still fits in the car, but is much more forgiving of water conditions.

Also, We tested this extensively on 4S as well. Definitely slower, but you can run and run and run and run and the boat probably is running around 40-42mph, is stable, and returns to shore!

I have no idea man. I've built most of my boats with the stinger drives and they have worked just fine.
    I did one df 26 with a wet well and strut, and really didn't find the need for all that adjustment up and down. I've only found a smal adjustment in the angle has been all I've ever needed.

You know that you could chop off part of the tube and slide a nice stinger on over it, right? Just an idea

The more I look at the more pleased I am. It's actually 6s sized. Not 29" with maniacs throwing in 6s. Huge grin. Thank you. Simple hardware. Nothing too bling to drive the cost out of reach. You can bash on your local pond or with the right prop it's a race boat.

Also has a Fynch Wildthing quality to it. If that was the inspiration nice job. Love my Wildthings.

I'd run one.
    Noisy person

You know that you could chop off part of the tube and slide a nice stinger on over it, right? Just an idea
    Sure, no reason you couldn't do that if you wanted to.
    I'm not saying anything against the strut setup proboat has done. It's just fine. Personally I wouldn't touch it.

The strut with no wet well is no more adjustable than having a stinger. Which is find imo
    I think when people see a strut on a mono, they automatically assume it's there for up and down adjustment. Was just sharing my thoughts on it is all

Boat hasn't even hit the shelves yet and people are wanting to lop off struts, etc... You guys crack me up!

haha Maybe this could be the Q offshore I mentioned in the Michigan Cup thread that my son wants. Too many boats already at my house.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Boat hasn't even hit the shelves yet and people are wanting to lop off struts, etc... You guys crack me up!
    Haha no man. I got out of boats recently, so I'm just here talking.
    Although I still have two 6s packs and an icharger nobody has bought, And I seperated my shoulder on my mountain bike recently so I can't ride for a while, who knows, maybe I'll pick one up -)

Sure, no reason you couldn't do that if you wanted to.
    I'm not saying anything against the strut setup proboat has done. It's just fine. Personally I wouldn't touch it.

The strut with no wet well is no more adjustable than having a stinger. Which is find imo
    I think when people see a strut on a mono, they automatically assume it's there for up and down adjustment. Was just sharing my thoughts on it is all

Agreed. It's fine the way it is. Was just an idea if you wanted to have some adjustment with a turnbuckle. Would be snazzy. A strut with a wet well is only needed if your trying to squeeze every last mph out of it. So I think this way it's set up will do for the masses.

Def seems like proboat has listened and made a boat that is everything the Spartan could have been but wasn't.

Makes me curious what Aquacraft has been up to. They've been quite for a while now

Agreed. It's fine the way it is. Was just an idea if you wanted to have some adjustment with a turnbuckle. Would be snazzy. A strut with a wet well is only needed if your trying to squeeze every last mph out of it. So I think this way it's set up will do for the masses.
    There is almost nothing you can do with strut adjustment that can't be done with selecting and tweaking on the correct prop. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    There is almost nothing you can do with strut adjustment that can't be done with selecting and tweaking on the correct prop. Just sayin'...

I'm not saying I would chop it and put a stinger on it. I was making a point because something was said about not being able to adjust it. The point was, most people run a stinger that allows no up and down movement....which is the same as this...just looks different.

I would love to know why guys are sliding their struts a 1/2" with these giant wet wells. Know what your doing and mount it once. Just say'n.

When are these supposed to hit stores Darin?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    When are these supposed to hit stores Darin?
    I was told they were 5-7 days from being "on the boat" and about 5-weeks from being "in-stock". Looking like Mid-August.

Pro Boat has updated their business model a bit and are waiting to announce these things until they are SURE that production units have been tested and are ready to ship... Hopefully that means no more announcement in June that don't get delivered until Christmas. :)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast