Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: ***NEW**** Pro Boat Voracity 36" Mono!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrover View Post
    I thought you guys might want to see the bag that I built to haul the Voracity and gear around in. It really works great to get everything to the lake in one bag.

I wanted to say thanks to arrover for this build video, I bugged him on YouTube for a week while I built it and he couldn't have been more generous with his time.
    The bag works great, I might add some patches though since I take it to a public lake, the all black bag looks kind of mysterious/sketchy. Ha

Thanks Mac!!! I'm glad you like it! It really made boating more enjoyable for me. Let me know if you need anything else!

Hi All! I need to replace my servo in my Voracity 36. What can I use as an upgraded unit? The stock one always felt weak and slow, and I believe it stripped a few gears after I hit a small piece of drift wood and flipped the boat for the first time on over 30+ runs. After that the servo was working erratic and must have caught it just right to cause damage to the servo.

I just replaced mine with a Savox 0250MG, AmainHobbies told me its an "upgrade" from the stock Spektrum servo. However since my Voracity was down more than 2 months, I really can't say how much of an improvement it is. It also doesn't fit in the stock location. A bracket must be made, you will also need to reuse the horn at the top. On a side note, it was replaced due to wear on the gears not that I needed an upgrade but one day I connected my packs and the servo fried! Opened it up and it was ceased up. You may want to put some sort of water resistant application on it. So for the Savox is serving its purpose.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-s...0250mg/p301255
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    I just replaced mine with a Savox 0250MG, AmainHobbies told me its an "upgrade" from the stock Spektrum servo. However since my Voracity was down more than 2 months, I really can't say how much of an improvement it is. It also doesn't fit in the stock location. A bracket must be made.
    Thanks for the quick reply! I wish I had the boat home, but I keep it up at camp where, well,...the lake is! Haha! I forgot to remove it and get dimensions of it as I am looking for a replacement that fits in stock location. I haven't ran it in 2 weeks and I am getting antsy over here!

I know the feeling. 2 months was torture but that's because more than 1 thing was wrong with the V. You can maybe check the specs vs the stock one? But I can assure you it wont fit in the stock location, its rather small. For the time being, I have styrofoam jammed in the corners of the stock location to fill it up until my bracket is finished.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Ok thought this was appropriate thread....as i just received my new Voracity 36 after selling my traxxas Spartan after six years. I have also just recently purchasing a Zelos 36 just before xmas and awesome thing really happy. I will be honest here and say the Voracity quality is disappointing somewhat as paint on the Zelos 36 is amazing. The paint on the Voracity is dull and average quality is my first point and gave her a lite polish with wet look polish i use on all my boats makes them look awesome and Voracity blue came off on my rag paint seems thin and no real gloss coat like Zelos 36
    Next issue is i was going over everything from factory to make sure all tight and good to go and noticed esc hold down side lug cracked on esc as been over tightened.. I have contacted seller and awaiting there reply.
    I am heading out tomorrow to run her in and will let you know how she compares to the Spartan!

The ESC tab is a non-issue really as both sides have attachment points that are in compression against one another. Turns out the tab on one of my Zelos ESC's had the same problem and I never even saw it until I removed it completely from the hull. The paint on my first Voracity hull has more gloss to it than that on my second, which is definitely duller.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

If I buy a V36 I will possibly clear coat the boat..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Those boats are like night and day!

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Those boats are like night and day!
    Yes agree.......after i unboxed it the Voracity 36 is an older design/manufacture and shows that Proboat have improved in there production process with the Zelos 36.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    If I buy a V36 I will possibly clear coat the boat..
    If you're good with paint, it's not a bad idea as the decal stripes are laid down as multiple layers and peel easily with hatch tape.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    If you're good with paint, it's not a bad idea as the decal stripes are laid down as multiple layers and peel easily with hatch tape.
    i have flipped my Zelos 36 once so far and was upside down for alongtime and no water present in boat once retreived.....are you guys always taping hatches and why...?

That would be my biggest reason..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Tuono995 View Post
    Ok thought this was appropriate thread....as i just received my new Voracity 36 after selling my traxxas Spartan after six years. I have also just recently purchasing a Zelos 36 just before xmas and awesome thing really happy. I will be honest here and say the Voracity quality is disappointing somewhat as paint on the Zelos 36 is amazing. The paint on the Voracity is dull and average quality is my first point and gave her a lite polish with wet look polish i use on all my boats makes them look awesome and Voracity blue came off on my rag paint seems thin and no real gloss coat like Zelos 36
    Next issue is i was going over everything from factory to make sure all tight and good to go and noticed esc hold down side lug cracked on esc as been over tightened.. I have contacted seller and awaiting there reply.
    I am heading out tomorrow to run her in and will let you know how she compares to the Spartan!
    Ok update....run a fair few packs through the Voracity and not sure it is that much quicker than the Spartan, I did shear off plastic rudder bolt though, what are you guys replacing it with plastic or brass one my brother in law had a brass one so running with that at present but not sure if I should go back to plastic original....and where do I find the original one online..?
    Pretty cool boat plenty of fun for sure and found handling better with battery’s all the way fwd.
    Getting a fair bit of water in the boat also think it is coming up drive shaft but also allot in battery area.....any tips?
    Last edited by Tuono995; 02-10-2018 at 05:47 AM.

replace with another plastic bolt ,its there for a reason .had it not been there you would have a transom repair on your hands as these are known to have a thin transom area .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Ok update....run a fair few packs through the Voracity and not sure it is that much quicker than the Spartan, I did shear off plastic rudder bolt though, what are you guys replacing it with plastic or brass one my brother in law had a brass one so running with that at present but not sure if I should go back to plastic original....and where do I find the original one online..?
    Pretty cool boat plenty of fun for sure and found handling better with battery’s all the way fwd.
    Getting a fair bit of water in the boat also think it is coming up drive shaft but also allot in battery area.....any tips?
    Brass will shear too, but I prefer the plastic ones because they're softer. Even if the rudder snaps all the way out, you can still get the boat back to shore pretty easily which is why I prefer a littler more safety from hull damage. I use these: PRB285000 but any nylon but and bolt combo will do as long as its the right diameter. I've used zip ties in a pinch too.

I had trouble with water in my first Voracity, as did Keagan. Most of it was from leaks where the turn fins and trim tabs were bolted to the transom. I pulled that hardware, used a little bathroom silicone caulk in the holes, and reinstalled. A bathtub test is best to determine those leaks. You may also have an ill-fitting hatch. Hatch tape fixes that. Sometimes water can be forced in where the strut meets the stuffing tube. I don't recall that being a problem for me on this boat, but on my cats, I typically use a small sleeve of shrink wrap over the joint.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ok thanks for the feedback....do you know what size the PRB285000 are 3mm x 12 or 14mm...?

Proboat site says 20mm
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Proboat site says 20mm
    All good thanks for the link.....have some on the way!

Yes agree.......after i unboxed it the Voracity 36 is an older design/manufacture and shows that Proboat have improved in there production process with the Zelos 36.
    Sold my Voracity today was not happy with it.

Wow I love mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Paint was very ordinary, leak water into boat tried everything to stop it esc was horrible and wouldn't say it was faster than my Spartan.
    My Zelos 36 twin well that is another matter just insane and quality is great....my two cents.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011