Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TFL F1 Caudwell-Available!!!

Default TFL F1 Caudwell-Available!!!

TFL F1 Caudwell-Available!!!

Hello dear all,

Thanks a lot for your patience and attention! After nearly two years waiting, now TFL F1 IS Released to market! More information welcome to inquiry your local TFL dealers or inquiry TFL sales!

Hull Dimension
    Length: 750mm
    Beam: 290mm
    Height: 160mm

TFL Stock configuration:
    SSS 2960 KV2881 Motor
    70A ESC

2 Blade Copper propeller

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYDtkGPNIMk

Caudwell F1-09s.jpgCaudwell F1-01.jpgCaudwell F1-03.jpgCaudwell F1-06.jpgCaudwell F1-05.jpg
    Last edited by Monica Smith; 07-01-2015 at 09:11 AM.
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

Quote Originally Posted by Monica Smith View Post
    TFL F1 Caudwell-Available!!!

Hello dear all,

Thanks a lot for your patience and attention! After nearly two years waiting, now TFL F1 IS Released to market! More information welcome to inquiry your local TFL dealers or inquiry TFL sales!

Hull Dimension
    Length: 750mm
    Beam: 290mm
    Height: 160mm

TFL Stock configuration:
    SSS 2960 KV2881 Motor
    70A ESC

2 Blade Copper propeller

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYDtkGPNIMk

Caudwell F1-09s.jpgCaudwell F1-01.jpgCaudwell F1-03.jpgCaudwell F1-06.jpgCaudwell F1-05.jpg
    Monica does the "outboard unit" remove from the hull in one piece? if not then the "outboard unit" is not legal for namba due to Namba rule book section 19 sub section c. 1a: An outboard motor is defined as a complete internal combustion power and propulsion unit that can be attached to and removed from the hull as one unit. Or for electric if you want to go off that section. Its Namba rule book section 28 page 12 sub section 4ci: An “outboard” is defined as a complete motor and propulsion unit that can be attached to and removed from the outside of the hull as one unit.

Now don't take this as me bad mouthing the boat and unit. I really like its design. I just want to know if because the unit is partially inside the hull and 2 it looks like it has to be taken apart to be removed from the hull if this is true and makes it illegal for namba. So other people please chime in aswell.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Here's a question for you then Tommy.
    If the unit was attached to a mounting plate & that plate was attached to the transom with 4 screws & a gasket in such a manner that the whole assembly can be removed, would that comply with the regs?
    Obviously it will leave a section of the transom missing when removed, but the motor & drive unit are removable as a complete assembly.
    I ask, because if I were delve into the tunnel side of this hobby, this is the one I would like to race.

Cheers.
    Paul.

would this unit be classed as an OUTBOARD? it looks a closer design to a stern drive unit to me.

Motor would have to be outside the boat.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Don't think so...if i remember correctly, it just has to be removable in one piece.

From the NAMBA rule book;

"An “outboard” is defined as a complete motor and propulsion unit that
    can be attached to and removed from the outside of the hull as one
    unit."

As long as it can be removed from the outside of the hull, no problem, doesn't matter if the motor is under the cowling.

If you could make the transom removable with the whole motor/outdrive unit attached as well, it would be legal (at least in my demented thinking)

The bigger question would be, would one of the spec/approved (whatever) motors fit on it?
    Last edited by Doby; 07-24-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    "An “outboard” is defined as a complete motor and propulsion unit that
    can be attached to and removed from the outside of the hull as one
    unit."
    You're splitting hairs John. This isn't anything new. It's been tried by the nitro boys.

You could build it so that the entire a$$ end of the boat comes off with motor, mount, servos, even the batteries. The motor is still inside the boat. I relatively certain that the organizing body is of the same opinion. The intent is/was that the propulsion including the motor be from outside the boat. This is one of those rules where people want it to say in exact letters what you can't do it but it doesn't. So they make the leap to "I can do anything it doesn't say I can't". It was written with the attitude that "everyone knows what an outboard is".

The real boat it's modeled after caused the same kind of raucous with the tunnel circuit. It's an IO as far as they were concerned too. It's an Inboard motor with an articulating Outdrive.

Incidentally, these run really well. We've raced one with the TFL leg and an AQ 2030. You need a jack plate to get the elevation right but they run great with no modifications to the bottom.
    Noisy person

You're splitting hairs John. This isn't anything new. It's been tried by the nitro boys.

You could build it so that the entire a$$ end of the boat comes off with motor, mount, servos, even the batteries. The motor is still inside the boat. I relatively certain that the organizing body is of the same opinion. The intent is/was that the propulsion including the motor be from outside the boat. This is one of those rules where people want it to say in exact letters what you can't do it but it doesn't. So they make the leap to "I can do anything it doesn't say I can't". It was written with the attitude that "everyone knows what an outboard is".

The real boat it's modeled after caused the same kind of raucous with the tunnel circuit. It's an IO as far as they were concerned too. It's an Inboard motor with an articulating Outdrive.

Incidentally, these run really well. We've raced one with the TFL leg and an AQ 2030. You need a jack plate to get the elevation right but they run great with no modifications to the bottom.
    Well then, its time for the bodies to evolve....if its racing in real life with the "outboards", then it should be in RC as well...Lets add this to the TP Motors/HV LiPo proposal!

That's just it John. It isn't.

It raced in 2013 and 2014 with the UIM H2O F1 series. It placed last out of 9 teams with 5 points for the 2014 season and only 1 point for 2013. The last race for the Caudwell was Nov of 2014. It hasn't raced yet this year with UIM. They have 6 races yet though so it's possible.

I have no clue if it raced APBA but I did find in the rules for their "Champ" boats where it says an outboard motor has a motor that's.......out.....board. That's their version of F1 as far as I know.

To me what makes OPC a different animal is the weight distribution and the fact that you are in effect rotating the entire drive system to steer the boat. All that rotating mass outside of the running surfaces of the boat.

I knew there was a debate before on this kind of thing. From 2011 on IW. Spooky the crap I remember. There was more than one thread about it and just like FE.....some guys totally lost their composure.
    Enjoy. http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=48768

It certainly could get proposed by I'm willing to bet that the purest will put up a big stinky fight.
    Noisy person

Well that settles it for me. Thanks. But it would still make a good fun sport boat.

It's a great race boat. Just needs a different strut.
    Noisy person

Where are these boats available in the US?

Like the white, yellow and black 32" Cat at the nats that ran in Spec cat and some open hydro classes?? Now I'm kicking your nards

Nortavlag Bulc

Cats can run with any drive..just like real boats..they can be outboards..or inboards

Call me CWAZY but everytime I see this I have fantasies about a ONE DESIGN RACE CLASS. I'll take my meds now.........
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Ray's talking ng about Petersons cat with the motor under the tub. I thought it was genius. Most people don't even know its down there. Think he sold that setup
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Call me CWAZY but everytime I see this I have fantasies about a ONE DESIGN RACE CLASS. I'll take my meds now.........

I thought it was awesome. Chris thought it was cool enough for him to do it to a Mean Machine... seeing it wasn't breaking any rules or didn't create new ones

Ray's talking ng about Petersons cat with the motor under the tub. I thought it was genius. Most people don't even know its down there. Think he sold that setup
    Nortavlag Bulc

Yes it ran in F1 but with a special exemptions written into the rules. The engine displacement was much larger than the 153 cubic inch outboard yet still lacked the needed performance.

I love these rules types of threads. I am a racing fan of all types, cars, motorcycles, etc. and when somebody shows up with a radical design change and pisses off the establishment, I have a huge smile on my face. That is what racing is about....it is the mother of invention.
    When Jim Clark showed up at the Indy 500 in a wee Lotus, that was a classic example of forward thinking....old farts will know what that was, it turned the racing world...backwards!!!

Douggie

I love this boat, upgraded it to 4S and it was so awesome.
    But it is a big problem to get spare parts...there are no part numbers or anything that helps to order them from the internet.
    No chance to get single for the B42525 TFL Hobby F1 Drive system :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ceno666 View Post
    I love this boat, upgraded it to 4S and it was so awesome.
    But it is a big problem to get spare parts...there are no part numbers or anything that helps to order them from the internet.
    No chance to get single for the B42525 TFL Hobby F1 Drive system :-(
    Diging up this thread, I just bought a version of this boat design from Tenshock.
    I hav the same questions about partss for the outdrive.
    I have found this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/123087115045?rmvSB=true

and this:
    https://www.get-edge.top/b425251-tfl...or-p-9868.html
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    Diging up this thread, I just bought a version of this boat design from Tenshock.
    I hav the same questions about partss for the outdrive.
    I have found this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/123087115045?rmvSB=true

and this:
    https://www.get-edge.top/b425251-tfl...or-p-9868.html
    Good find!
    rcishobby2014 from the ebay shop is very nice, some time ago he helped me to get all the TFL F1 spare parts.
    Good communication and fast shipping, try it.

I am really impressed with this design. Runs and turns in both directions awesome. It rips.
    I have not had a chance to run it a lot yet, so still working the kinks out, finding the battery balance point and such.
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

i'm so glad larryrose11 dug this info up, this boat caught my eye about a week ago, and it's the first time tonight i looked into spare parts for this boat and the drive system seems to be the greater expense of the boat until i saw lr11's post. up to $175 on ebay i found for the drive system, then lr11's find with motor $110 ($43 w/o motor) now i'll purchase one, they cost more now and hard to find i found a place up to 3 weeks B.O. (for the boat)
    i have a Stiletto that needs a companion and plan on building a BBY OPC tunnel (outboard motor) in the winter time.
    The Caudwell F1 and the EMEC F1 seem to be the same specs, is there a difference i don't see? besides color scheme.
    Thanx again lr11

anyone have the EMEC F1 (white and orange) of this boat? E-mailed TFL 3 times no response Monica once. MFE has communicated about these two models with me via email 8 times. just wondering if any one has put this boat through its paces. what vids i've seen shows a very nimble craft.

Talking about F1 boats I have a brand new PRATHER Lap Cat 32'' Racing Tunnel Hull, how much can I sale it? Thanks

just purchased the EMEC version.
    From MFE
    Last edited by Stillwet; 07-31-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Action Clusters appears not to be trustworthy!

just acquired the F1 Drive System for a spare on ebay. Thanx for the insight larryrose11.
    other than spare props for this machine , i have spares of most other goodies. ESC upgrade and stronger servo i will try on for size later. my Stilletto will have a companion for a comparable joust.
    Last edited by Stillwet; 07-31-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast