Thread: Need help to compare two props!!!

Default Need help to compare two props!!!

Hi everyone!

I have some difficulties understanding the coding on these props:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...x_13_1pc_.html
    Are the the same pich as the stock ones on the Hk C1 Flowmaster?

Thank you for your help!!!

If I had to guess it would be 36mm diameter and a 1.3 pitch ratio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was me I would order those and also the 38x14 just check your temps with the bigger props. Does that boat have counter rotating motors ?

Quote Originally Posted by dan pralle View Post
    If it was me I would order those and also the 38x14 just check your temps with the bigger props. Does that boat have counter rotating motors ?

Yes it does have counter rotating motors. I also ordered the reversed one.

Can a lower pitch prop be faster than a higher one? If the Turnigy are really 36 mm/1.3 pitch, and the stock ones are 36 mm/1.4pitch, my boat was 13km/h faster than the stock props. I'm kind of lost here... Can somebody explain to me, please?

Quote Originally Posted by boilo56 View Post
    Can a lower pitch prop be faster than a higher one? If the Turnigy are really 36 mm/1.3 pitch, and the stock ones are 36 mm/1.4pitch, my boat was 13km/h faster than the stock props. I'm kind of lost here... Can somebody explain to me, please?
    If your higher pitch prop is a tad much for your motor to turn it, yes a lower pitch or smaller prop can be faster by letting the motor spin more freely. I've experienced this myself a few times.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

It can make such a difference? I was at 66.2 and then 77.8 km/h with the 13. This is a huge speed increase for only changing pitch on the prop! I think i'll like those cheap props!

Thanks kfxguy!

It can make such a difference? I was at 66.2 and then 77.8 km/h with the 13. This is a huge speed increase for only changing pitch on the prop! I think i'll like those cheap props!

Thanks kfxguy!
    Yes. Example. My 32" cat went 90 with a 45mm 1.6 pitch on 6s. Then went 95.6 on 7s with the same prop. Then I changed to a 45mm 1.5 pitch prop (which it is a better shape which may be your case too) and ran it again in 6s. It went from 90 to 96 mph with less pitch
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Ok, now it just jumped into my face!!! Sure, more pitch can result in lower rev/ lower speed with the given pitch. So less pitch allows more revs, meaning the same distance is traveled faster due to more revs!!! Man that is soo cool to understand!!! thanks a lot!!!

Ok, now it just jumped into my face!!! Sure, more pitch can result in lower rev/ lower speed with the given pitch. So less pitch allows more revs, meaning the same distance is traveled faster due to more revs!!! Man that is soo cool to understand!!! thanks a lot!!!
    I found this out the hard way with my mono.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I found this out the hard way with my mono.
    Why? Exploded electronics? Motor? I need to learn!!!! I want knowledge!!! me! So seriously, how did you learned it?

Why? Exploded electronics? Motor? I need to learn!!!! I want knowledge!!! me! So seriously, how did you learned it?
    Yes the Esc exploded. It did go faster with less pitch. I can't remember speed numbers but i was in the low 80's I think with my 34" mono with an x648 detounged and then switched to a m447 and got into the 90's pulling less amps.