Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New abc props

Meniscus: Have you tried anything like the Ceramic grease like the kind MBP has?

Without hijacking this thread, I have tried many, many different types of grease and many types of oil for bearings. This includes blends as well.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Meniscus: Any noticeable speed increases when using Nano oil over things like blue grease in the drivelines? Kfxguy mentioned using duralube before but I'm not sure how he uses it or if he blends it with grease to thicken it a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    Meniscus: Any noticeable speed increases when using Nano oil over things like blue grease in the drivelines? Kfxguy mentioned using duralube before but I'm not sure how he uses it or if he blends it with grease to thicken it a bit....
    I don't remember ever saying I use duralube. I use motor oil and graphite powder or proboat grease.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

kfxguy: Oh ok, my bad then. It might of been Srislash that made mention of it.

I cannot and will not make any claims with regards to speed increases when using Nano-Oil. However, I can say that everything feels more smooth and the grease in particular does not become sticky, unlike many others I have had the opportunity to run in the past.

This being said, if you are seeking additional input, I would recommend starting a new thread specifically for this topic and garner comments from others concerning what they use. Meanwhile, it will allow this thread to return to the original topic.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

kfxguy: Oh ok, my bad then. It might of been Srislash that made mention of it.
    Guilty I use Dura lube and Lucas Marine Greece

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Guilty I use Dura lube and Lucas Marine Greece
    is this better than just using grease ?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

It totally freed things up Todd. Grease like normal then a couple drops of the oil in the top of the flex.

srislash: Would it be better to maybe just blend the 2 together 50/50 ? Thats what I've been doing lately and it seems to have a noticeable difference... or I could just be seeing things.

srislash: Would it be better to maybe just blend the 2 together 50/50 ? Thats what I've been doing lately and it seems to have a noticeable difference... or I could just be seeing things.
    Which ever works Dmitry. I will tell you that I forgot to add the oil awhile back and my speed went down to 92 from 101 with the mixture.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Which ever works Dmitry. I will tell you that I forgot to add the oil awhile back and my speed went down to 92 from 101 with the mixture.

So you lost 9mph from not adding oil to the grease?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post

So you lost 9mph from not adding oil to the grease?
    Yup

srislash: Oh wow, thats pretty significant difference then. How often should I be regreasing the entire driveline? Seems like alot of work to do it after every run. Perhaps I should just add some oil from the grease fitting of the STS tube seal instead of regreasing it all every time.

srislash: Oh wow, thats pretty significant difference then. How often should I be regreasing the entire driveline? Seems like alot of work to do it after every run. Perhaps I should just add some oil from the grease fitting of the STS tube seal instead of regreasing it all every time.
    The gas guys claim that perhaps a thicker gear oil can be used in that exact way. I usually re-grease after my day out but since my 'clicks' and bearings I don't pull it apart to often. BUT, it did take a bit to seal the assembly to that point where water does not contaminate the oil/grease mixture. Until that point daily greasing should be done. Bear in mind I am only referring to my Fantasm, all my other boats still get the end of day cleaning/degreasing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12