Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New abc props

Default New abc props

Have any of you guys noticed there's some new props popping up in the ose store? I've been trying a few and have had really good results. I have a new chart but I've got to figure out how to post it. Not all are available just yet.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Here's the charts

Last edited by kfxguy; 06-30-2015 at 09:24 AM.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Oh yes. The new props are very good.

1817-17-45 is my new go to prop for P-ltd hydro. The 1815-17-45 R is hard to beat on a 1/10 scale.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post

1817-17-45 is my new go to prop for P-ltd hydro. The 1815-17-45 R is hard to beat on a 1/10 scale.
    Yes they are very good!

Thanks for posting the Chart! Now I can see what number to order and try out!

Quote Originally Posted by shua View Post
    Thanks for posting the Chart! Now I can see what number to order and try out!
    No problem. If anyone doesn't know how the numbering system works just let me know and I'll help you as much as I can. It's a but different than octura but still easy to understand.

Is this something custom? It's not on the chart.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    No problem. If anyone doesn't know how the numbering system works just let me know and I'll help you as much as I can. It's a but different than octura but still easy to understand.
    I like how the chart lists Diameter in inches and mm. I take it that a 1.7" (43.2mm) x 1.4" pitch to be similar to an Octura 443?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post

Thanks terry for pointing that out. I accidentally left that one off. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by shua View Post
    I like how the chart lists Diameter in inches and mm. I take it that a 1.7" (43.2mm) x 1.4" pitch to be similar to an Octura 443?

Sort of. The pitch on the abc props is (from what I was told) more accurate than the octura pitch. Although because they seem to be more efficient they don't load the motor any harder but will be fast (in all of my tests anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Sort of. The pitch on the abc props is (from what I was told) more accurate than the octura pitch. Although because they seem to be more efficient they don't load the motor any harder but will be fast (in all of my tests anyway).
    And the increased 'rake' negates the effects of transom lift as 'rake' promotes bow lift.
    Just thought I would add this Travis.

What are the differences for cleaver versus chopper?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    probable meant 1815/17-45 R I have them in stock thanks chris

Quote Originally Posted by Jamey View Post
    What are the differences for cleaver versus chopper?
    cleavers have point ears and the choppers have big round ears there are other differences also !!!

lol Yeah I understand the differences in the look, just not sure how the use of each. In regular boats cleavers usually have a lot of stern lift and almost always are used in very high performance applications. So in a sport 32" mono deep-vee would I consider both cleaver and chopper or only cleaver?

Default New abc props

Absolutely try both !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    And the increased 'rake' negates the effects of transom lift as 'rake' promotes bow lift.
    Just thought I would add this Travis.

So we don't scare anyone away I wanted to point out that what you stated is correct but.....

I've run these new props on two monos and one cat and what I've experienced is a more stable and smoother running boat in all three. I didn't really notice any added lift. I didn't have to change my strut settings either if I went with close to the same size abc vs octura I was previously running. So people don't be scared of the "lift" mentioned. I know sometimes props with lift can throw the whole time of the boat off.

I also want to point out that these new castings are frigging nice! Most every one I've checked out the bag was balanced or very close to it. They new method he's using makes a much nicer prop. Here's some that are untouched to give you an idea....

Yeah, I wasn't trying to scare anyone away. Just the old props did have a bit much transom lift and cavitation compared to these newbs(at least the 1.6and 1.8's). I like my 1815's so far. They really bite in guys.

I might have to give this one a try in mine
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I might have to give this one a try in mine
    Picked up 3 mph and dropped 7 amps. Better than that was how smooth the boat was.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Picked up 3 mph and dropped 7 amps. Better than that was how smooth the boat was.
    Very nice man!
    I think I am running a M445 at the moment
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I picked up 6mph and dropped a few amps. Can't remember exactly the amount and yes was much smoother.

Here's the m645 first to compare....

Here's the 1815. To me it even sounds different in the video. There was no changes except prop. Both on 6s.

That is perfect water! Just a little ripple is nice. It seems that it is time to break-out some prop pliers and add just a little cup to the tips. Just be aware that this will reduce the lift.

Is the strut neutral? It looks like there may be just a slight positive based on ride attitude. Have you considered dropping the strut by just a little less than 1/32"? It seems to still be accelerating halfway through the straight and it looks to be airing out a tad more. This will also help when you have glass water.

I'd check the strut for neutral first. If it is, then drop the strut. Remember to only test one thing at a time.

How are your motor temps on the new prop?

This is looking good and runs smooth. This is now within 10 MPH of the IMPBA record, which is very respectable. That is the beauty of taking advantage of good conditions. Unfortunately, that is not always the case on the record events.
    Last edited by Meniscus; 07-01-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    That is perfect water! Just a little ripple is nice. It seems that it is time to break-out some prop pliers and add just a little cup to the tips. Just be aware that this will reduce the lift.

Is the strut neutral? It looks like there may be just a slight positive based on ride attitude. Have you considered dropping the strut by just a little less than 1/32"? It seems to still be accelerating halfway through the straight and it looks to be airing out a tad more. This will also help when you have glass water.

I'd check the strut for neutral first. If it is, then drop the strut. Remember to only test one thing at a time.

How are your motor temps on the new prop?

This is looking good and runs smooth. This is now within 10 MPH of the IMPBA record, which is very respectable. That is the beauty of taking advantage of good conditions. Unfortunately, that is not always the case on the record events.

Very knowledgeable! Yes it had some positive. Had. This boat is the one that sank. I'm building another one that should be even faster. This was maybe its third time out. It still had a bit left in it too. It's actually been 97.5mph and so has the one before this one....with an m645 prop.....so it would have gone faster. But on the next one I'm going to make sure the strut is level. I've got some more tricks up my sleeve.

The temps didn't seems to change but I did have a cooling system issue. I baty had any water flow because I was trying to be stingy with the inlet hole size for less drag. I did open it up some before my last run but since the boat never made it back in....I couldn't really tell you if it helped or not. Lol
    Last edited by kfxguy; 07-01-2015 at 01:33 PM.

In many cases, 6 series props can put a lot of load on components as a result of blade area and several other factors. If you can turn them, then they are fast. Switching props can certainly unload the motor some more and allow for more headroom. We're looking forward to seeing where you go next!
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Meniscus: What is that Nano-Oil you have mentioned in your signature? Do you use it as a primary flex lube?

Kfxguy: Have you had any luck with those ABC 3 blade props?

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    Kfxguy: Have you had any luck with those ABC 3 blade props?

I have some but haven't tried them yet.

I use Nano Oil's grease for drivelines. You can use most any high temp, lithium grease. The one that Nano Oil has doesn't break down as quickly. Consequently, it doesn't get sticky like others do.

I also use their oil on motors. It is the best oil I have found for this application. It is pricey, but I find I dont use very much and it lasts for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast