Thread: Modified Miss Geico V1 29 questions

Default Modified Miss Geico V1 29 questions

First off, first time posting so I apologize in advance if I commit an errors or if these matters have been addressed elsewhere. I have 5 minutes of downtime and took this opportunity to reach out to as many of you as I can far more knowledgeable than I.

Situation: MG29 V1- stock 1500kv motor (2000kv dynamite on the way)
    Mods: Stainless prop - factory pitch and diameter (sorry, I do not remember the specs, I put it on long ago before I put it "on the shelf.") Dynamite 120a receiver. Offset rudder, upgraded flex shaft. Batteries - #2 lipo 3s (6s total) 5000mah 50c.

Problem: Proper propeller! I have read and read, and whIle I have learned a great deal about the whole deal, I am in desperate need of suggestions per my current (1500kv) setup and soon to be (2000kv) setup. With all due respect to anyone who is kind enough to provide suggestions, the "trial and error" method is not an option...I am a full time student and cannot blindly blow $20 per prop for experimentation.

Purpose / Goals: speed of course, but most importantly - conservative reliability so I do not let the factory sealed smoke out of expensive components!!! Ive read enough to know the dangers of under and over propping, I just don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to share their knowledge and wisdom.

Contact Dasboata and purchase a octura x 642 detongued balanced and sharpened I have Mystic 29 with s
    eaking 180 esc leopard 4074 2200kv and run the very same prop and have great runs @ 48.6 mph another prop would be a m445 I only run 4s with the setup I have runs flat and smooth another thing you should do is watch Bhchieftan videos on blue printing your hull and prop strut modification you won't be disappointed! Chief has a lot of knowledge with these boats.
    Last edited by rw442; 02-01-2016 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rw442 View Post
    Contact Dasboata and purchase a octura x 642 detongued balanced and sharpened I have Mystic 29 with speaking 180 esc leopard 4074 2200kv and run the very same prop and have great runs @ 48.6 mph another prop would be a m445 I only run 4s with the setup I have runs flat and smooth another thing you should do is watch Bhchieftan videos on blue printing your hull and prop strut modification you won't be disappointed! Chief has a lot of knowledge with these boats.
    Thanks so much for your input! I had no idea what to do with this. I will get that ordered and get back to you, with a huge thanks I'm sure.

Next question.... it appears the Dynamite 3910 (6p 2000kv) motor and the Dynamite 120A esc are both rated to handle 4s in series (14.8 + 14.8v) or 8s. Has anyone tried this? Results? Recommendations? Propeller size?

Thanks in advance for anyone that contributes!

^^^^ Strike that... I have discovered it cannot be done. Thanks anyway.

Maybe a good place for this.. since I'm kinda new as well.

Will changing the prop to the fore mentioned Octura 642, sharpened, balanced, etc. have any negative affect on the 120A ecu on the Geico 3V?? any chance it could burn it up?

tia,

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch S View Post
    Maybe a good place for this.. since I'm kinda new as well.

Will changing the prop to the fore mentioned Octura 642, sharpened, balanced, etc. have any negative affect on the 120A ecu on the Geico 3V?? any chance it could burn it up?

tia,
    You won't pull too many amps for a 120 speedy. As long as you are not trying anything silly like 6s. Is it a stock setup?
    Shawn

Yep. 100% stock on 6s
    5200mah, 50c, 3s x 2

Would that burn up an esc?

Its the recommended battery on their site:
    2 × 2S or 3S 50C Li-Po batteries with EC5™ connector

If you have been running on 6s you should be fine. I am not familiar with the new ESC. A 642 is not going to push 120 amps on a Gieco. It is just some of the other 120 ESC's don't like 6s, that is why I asked the setup.