Thread: Name the racers contest

Default Name the racers contest

From the Archives - WW III Scottsdale 2007. How many racers can you name ? Winner will earn exalted title of "Contest Winner". Bonus points for naming cardboard picture racers (must name both to qualify for extra points)

IMG_6323.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Can't name the racers, but I have a WWIII sponsor plaque hanging on my shop wall!

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Can't name the racers, but I have a WWIII sponsor plaque hanging on my shop wall!

Andy
    Got a few WW Plaques also + the one from 2007

DSC06721.JPG DSC06719.JPG

BUT THERE"S MORE

After blowing up my Astroflight 212D at WWIII, Dan Chase loaned me what he described as an ESC you custom made for his drag car. (I forgot to return it to him....)

DSC06717.JPG
    Last edited by properchopper; 07-07-2015 at 12:37 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tough from my phone. I'll take a shot though.
    New land
    Boyle
    MacDonald
    Preux
    Hiller
    Whitehead
    Nayman
    Tucker
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Tough from my phone. I'll take a shot though.
    New land
    Boyle
    MacDonald
    Preux
    Hiller
    Whitehead
    Nayman
    Tucker

Good job.

Also :

Dave Arendt
    Jim C.
    Lenny
    Dick R.
    Dan Chase
    Quiet Lee
    Doozie

Can't remember Doozie's real name...??

Jim C is Jim O...sborne

The only one that hasn't been named is Dennis. Local guy that won a lotto scratcher or something and we haven't heard from him since.

My Patriot looks nice and shiny! I was actually eyeballing it yesterday. It needs some love, and will get it one of these days.
    Last edited by D. Newland; 07-07-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    Can't remember Doozie's real name...??

Jim C is Jim O...sborne

The only one that hasn't been named is Dennis Oldenberg. Local guy that won a lotto scratcher or something and we haven't heard from him since.

My Patriot looks nice and shiny! I was actually eyeballing it yesterday. It needs some love, and will get it one of these days.
    Oops - Correct on Jim O. (how could I forget?)

Doozie is James Kennedy. I Miss him - Dan Chase too........

If you're thinking of selling the Patriot................

Do I get extra credit for remembering that one of those guys has a poultry allergy and that another is lactose intolerant?
    Noisy person

Do I get extra credit for remembering that one of those guys has a poultry allergy and that another is lactose intolerant?
    Only if you can name the racer who is wearing a thong under his jeans........

T-I've got your name on the Patriot. it's either staying with me...or going to you. I do have the desire to rehab it 1 more time, so we'll see how I feel once done. I've got a few projects in front of it.

It's amazing the stories our boats have. Naylor made (and gave) that boat for me after doing well with my OM 21 @ the '03 Nat's. One of the nicest gestures I've received in the FE world. Won Q Mono with it @ the '04?? Michigan Nat's. Beat out Brooks on time. Many races under its belt over a 10+ year span that it was an active race boat. Run over by gas monos in the District kids class a few years back, plus a few good hits in FE competition, too. Even with all of that, it's close to being in running condition again.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Only if you can name the racer who is wearing a thong under his jeans........
    That sounds like Pruex (can't spell it) stunt to me.
    Noisy person

That sounds like Pruex (can't spell it) stunt to me.
    I won't say how I knew (gulp). Actually just kidding.....

BTW it's Proulx - major cool driver & a concourse fleet as well

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    T-I've got your name on the Patriot. it's either staying with me...or going to you. I do have the desire to rehab it 1 more time, so we'll see how I feel once done. I've got a few projects in front of it.

It's amazing the stories our boats have. Naylor made (and gave) that boat for me after doing well with my OM 21 @ the '03 Nat's. One of the nicest gestures I've received in the FE world. Won Q Mono with it @ the '04?? Michigan Nat's. Beat out Brooks on time. Many races under its belt over a 10+ year span that it was an active race boat. Run over by gas monos in the District kids class a few years back, plus a few good hits in FE competition, too. Even with all of that, it's close to being in running condition again.
    wait..is there another boat on market??

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    wait..is there another boat on market??
    Hey now - I've been coveting that Patriot for YEARS !!

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    After blowing up my Astroflight 212D at WWIII, Dan Chase loaned me what he described as an ESC you custom made for his drag car. (I forgot to return it to him....)
    I still have a few of the V90-1032's sitting in a box in my office, waiting for new homes. $75 if anybody is interested. PM me.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team