Thread: mamba xl2

Default mamba xl2

hi guys. need help. water-cooled a mamba xl2. putting it in my twin rigger along with a castle 240 which is already programmed as it was run last year with a neu 1527 1 D on 6-s. has anyone programmed a xl2 and should it be possible to run these esc's together ? if so, is calibration full throttle, then no throttle ? thanks for help.

Did you check Castle's site for programming?

I would think you would need to use 2 of the same esc so you can calibrate them to your Tx simultaneously.
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

The Mamba XL is the same as the Hydra ICE 240, there is just a different case half. Just use the same settings, but I would highly recommend not using either BEC. Use an external battery and pull out the center red wire from each ESC plug and cover it with tape. If you do decide to use the BEC, make sure you remove the red wire from the other ESC.

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    The Mamba XL is the same as the Hydra ICE 240, there is just a different case half. Just use the same settings, but I would highly recommend not using either BEC. Use an external battery and pull out the center red wire from each ESC plug and cover it with tape. If you do decide to use the BEC, make sure you remove the red wire from the other ESC.

TG
    thanks tyler, already had red wires disconnected. using castle external bec off one pack. question, how do i calibrate these esc's? I'm assuming both esc's hooked up to motors, full throttle, hook up batteries to both esc's, after beeps, throttle to zero. is this going to be a 3 man operation? thanks, john

I would calibrate each ESC one at a time by disconnecting one from the Y harness and you have the correct order. Hold full throttle, plug in a battery, wait for tones, go to full reverse, wait for tones, go to neutral, wait for tones and then disconnect and repeat for the other side. You will need the motors connected to hear the tones.

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR