Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DF pirate 35" first build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DF pirate 35" first build

Well I'm excited, hull showed up yesterday, some hardware should be here any day, as well as the cf. just picked up west systems 105/207 and all the goodies to go with it. No plans set in stone yet for motor yet, trying to decide that today so I can order the motor mount this week with the rest of the needed hardware odds n ends.

image.jpg

4s or 6s would be best? This is for sport, but want to go fast, push 60 when weather permits, otherwise reliable. Any/all advice and suggestions are welcome as this is my first build.
    Thanks in advance!
    Josh

It's a slightly larger hull than a lot of the similar 4s setups, personally I'd favor 5 or 6s.

The Neu 1521/1Y(1577kv) is a great option IMO. Or another similar motor in the 1500-1600kv range. On 5s it runs great for regular running, and on 6s it pulls real hard. On more of a budget a TP 4050/4Y(1570kv) would probably have similar results, you could probably even bump up to a 4060, but that would be a bit overkill.

6s imo.
    You want to krank with this thing don't you?
    I wouldn't even bother with 4s, but it's your choice.
    I have quite a bit of black silicone left for mounting battery trays if you need it. Lmk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    6s imo.
    You want to krank with this thing don't you?
    I wouldn't even bother with 4s, but it's your choice.
    I have quite a bit of black silicone left for mounting battery trays if you need it. Lmk.

Indeed I want it scoot! I have miss geico 29, that is around 60 mph too.

Unfortunately the motor and speed control are out of stock, hopefully I'll get emails soon as they are in stock.

Well that settles it, neu 1521 it is. Good info.
    Ive some ordering to do :)

I'll let you know about the silicone, thanks Dana!

Yep, as Luck said, 6s for sure.........................6s2p in fact. The 1521 is a great choice.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Well no deliveries this week, hopefully stuff starts piling on my doorstep next week. Getting anxious! I'll keep yuh posted.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Cf showed up , parts shipment was supposed to be here today but delayed due to weather lol
    Got the cf trimmed up and ready for in lay, getting a little late so I'll try to get inlay done tomorrow! image.jpg yeh buddy!

looking good man!

Nice man

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

I haven't heard anything from ose yet on the stocking of the motor or Esc. Any suggestions where I could pick up the neu 1521 1y1577 kv and the sf 220? Or something comparable, fast and reliable? Thanks

image.jpgimage.jpg[ATTACH=COimage.jpg
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Time to cure now! I think the most difficult part is getting the cf to set how I wanted it, but it worked out ok. Now if UPS can make it thru the bad weather I might get my parts this week... Sheesh. Guess it's time to think about painting.

image.jpg last pic lol

Looks great man! Nice job

Thank you sir! Think I might get to painting it in the next few days since my parts aren't showing up. Yeh buddy!

Just wait out the motor esc bro. You've got plenty of work you can do before you need to put that stuff in. Take your time man.
    Any ideas on the paint job?

No idea yet, going to come up with something today though. Wonder if acetone is too harsh to wipe down hull for paint?
    Some parts are supposedly showing up today too. I need to do some more reading on making the stuffing pipe too....

Nah acetone is fine. It's basically nail polish remover.
    Another option is rubbing alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    Nah acetone is fine. It's basically nail polish remover.
    Another option is rubbing alcohol.

Ok that's what I thought, too bad I don't have access to a sick paint booth like you! Lol
    I'm gonna want to get the motor and mount sooner than later right? So I can configure layout for stuffing pipe right?

Neu 1521, not cheap! Lol doesn't matter, placing the order! 8mm shaft? $350! Anywho, anybody have a link to a stuffing pipe tutorial? I'll check out Keith Bradley's site too.
    Thanks guys

Here you go. They have a 1650kv version.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...p?prod=tp-4070
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

You could use a tp 4060 or 4070 (I'd prefer the 4070, has 8mm shaft) instead of a neu. They are strong motors. Steve stocks most popular versions. I'd recommend 1600ish kv.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    You could use a tp 4060 or 4070 (I'd prefer the 4070, has 8mm shaft) instead of a neu. They are strong motors. Steve stocks most popular versions. I'd recommend 1600ish kv.
    Ok, I'll give it a try! Thanks kfx, I'll end up getting the neu later then anyways, all the left over materials I have, I might as well build another when this one is finished... I'm hooked. Really fun.
    Thanks again

image.jpg
    Some stuff arrived finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbracehabits View Post
    image.jpg
    Some stuff arrived finally!!!
    Dang it! So your the one who bought the last set of billet speed master trim tabs! Lol. I ordered them straight from speed master anyway....didn't have time to wait till they come back in stock here

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Dang it! So your the one who bought the last set of billet speed master trim tabs! Lol. I ordered them straight from speed master anyway....didn't have time to wait till they come back in stock here
    lol dang sorry bro, glad you were still able to get a set! Pretty sexy tabs I gotta say! My latest dilemma is locating a sf 220 esc.

Nice dude

image.jpg
    How I'm seeing it right now but waiting for rudder to arrive to make sure it plays our right. So do I put any kind of sealant/gasket when installing hardware on transom? light silicone? Goal = absolutely no leakage

Hi. How do you know where to make the holes to install the hardware ? How do you seal the hole ?

Quote Originally Posted by wolffman View Post
    Hi. How do you know where to make the holes to install the hardware ? How do you seal the hole ?
    Wolffman, determining the height of the hole from the keel has to do with the prop size you intend to run. That being said, a hole Center of 3/8” from keel would be good for this hull. A little higher for more stable running and lower for speed but less stability. This hull likes a 47-50mm prop

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast