Thread: 200 amp SUPPO ?

Default 200 amp SUPPO ?

Hey boaters I got this esc used many yrs ago and set it up in my 37 in mono... It is what i believe to be a suppo 200 amp. Hoever after reading the programming info I am not sure if it is a hv or lv.
    It is not a water cooled version tho I have added a watercooled heat sink... I hope to run 6s guess I could ask if it was a hv will it run on lower voltage???
    I may just redo whole set up and keep as a spare??? the low voltage cut off is too low to be safe... couldnt get pic to upload so heres the webpage..http://www.suppomodel.com/ESC/200A.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Twin cat 9xl,... 29 titan 8xl,....37 in mono kb48 8xl.... 42 in twin elc cat project... 42 in gasser cat 260 modded zenoh''' planes and trucks....

Dave, just hook it all up and put a lower volt lipo on it. It shouldn't arm if it is HV, unless cutoff is set to none. Alternatively, you can program to some level of cutoff and try the same procedure with a LV supply. If it cuts off, then it is HV. I doubt it will arm at all if it doesn't see the right input voltage. I believe the first beeps are the number of cells as I recall, but it has been a while.

I have one of the LV ones if you want to compare notes.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

The top photo on that link is the LV version which has 3 small footprint FET boards stacked together, the bottom 2 photos with the twin battery wires are of the HV version which has a single FET board with a large footprint.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.