Thread: Upgrading ESC

Default Upgrading ESC

I have a Hobbyking Relentless, which is a 26" cat. The boat came with a 60a ESC. 11.1 v 2200mah is the recommended battery. I have read that some people instantly upgrade the ESC to at least a 90A. If Iam going to run higher mah do i need to upgrade the ESC? What is the advantage of doing that?

No upgradeing cells will only help but that is only part of the equation. What is the motor and what prop? lets get get some basics down.... Upgradeing amp will let you run bigger props and hotter motors but need a baseline to start from.... No desire to send you down a bad road.......
    Twin cat 9xl,... 29 titan 8xl,....37 in mono kb48 8xl.... 42 in twin elc cat project... 42 in gasser cat 260 modded zenoh''' planes and trucks....

Don't know the kv of the outrunner but a 60 amp ESC should be plenty for a 2815 motor. Looks to be an odd layout, if the ESC were in front of the motor you could run one bigger pack sideways between the motor and servo. I bet in stock form it would talk a 3s 3300 40c easily and if you tried it sideways a 4-4500 should fit. I would not upgrade the ESC, just a waste of money.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=