Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW Pro Boat Impulse 31 V3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    I understand your concern, and it's a very valid one. We see a mixture of customers that don't mind or care what the unloaded RPM is as long as they don't burn up their electronics, puff their batteries, and go as fast as they can go out of the box. Then there are those that don't like the high RPM setups at all because it wears parts quickly. The hard part is finding a balance that suits both customers.
    Like strut bushings.guess should mention i have a mystic 29, 2 geico v1 and blackjack 29v3.

Kudos to you Rafael, and Proboat, for stepping up with some real improvements on these boats!

4Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Like strut bushings.guess should mention i have a mystic 29, 2 geico v1 and blackjack 29v3.
    I am working on sourcing better material for our strut bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
    Kudos to you Rafael, and Proboat, for stepping up with some real improvements on these boats!
    Thank you. Just wait until you see what is next.....
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

very good product and good job Rafael Lopez, any plans on a bigger v or mono hull?

Thank you. Just wait until you see what is next.....
    Looking forward to this...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Will the ride pads on the Geico be any better? I know the old one really required some blueprinting to really take advantage of it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Ramos View Post
    very good product and good job Rafael Lopez, any plans on a bigger v or mono hull?
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
    Will the ride pads on the Geico be any better? I know the old one really required some blueprinting to really take advantage of it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Kevin,

We are using different molds, the layup method is different, and the hulls are thicker. This combination greatly improved the ride pads on the V3 29-inch hulls. I feel there is no need for blue printing them; that's just my opinion.
    Rafael Lopez

Kevin,

We are using different molds, the layup method is different, and the hulls are thicker. This combination greatly improved the ride pads on the V3 29-inch hulls. I feel there is no need for blue printing them; that's just my opinion.
    I will second that opinion. The new hull is definitely a more solid hull. Straighter and stronger. Any "blue-printing" that you'd feel the need to do would be more along the lines of getting that very last little bit of perfection out of the pads. Painting and such always rounds off corners a bit. However, it's a much livelier hull right out of the box and tunes in nicely.

I've been running mine right out of the box! (BJ29 V3, that is... same hull)...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin,
    Have a V1 - purchased your fins from Steve awhile back. Improved cable & SM tabs too.

Question bout mounting position... as you know the stock fins have a leaned back \ rake look to them - hope that makes sense.

For yours - do they mount vertical?? -- Leaned forward \ rearward a bit?? Centered in the mounting holes?? Or for\aft a bit??

I've been wanting to ask these questions for a-while, this thread finally opened the door.

Please

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    A couple more notes:

1) Hull is from a new manufacturer. It's layup has been improved and the strength increased.
    2) No Wood inside.
    3) Sub-hatch has been eliminated
    4) I believe that the flexshaft has been upgraded to be .187.
    5) Still accepts OSE Upgrade Turn-Fins (and I would recommend those highly if you race or run in choppy water)
    It's a very nice evolution of the original design.

Quote Originally Posted by RCBoaterGuy View Post
    Darin,
    Have a V1 - purchased your fins from Steve awhile back. Improved cable & SM tabs too.

Question bout mounting position... as you know the stock fins have a leaned back \ rake look to them - hope that makes sense.

For yours - do they mount vertical?? -- Leaned forward \ rearward a bit?? Centered in the mounting holes?? Or for\aft a bit??

I've been wanting to ask these questions for a-while, this thread finally opened the door.

Please

Thanks...
    I push them right up against the hull, and the bottoms should be parallel to the keel line... I think that would make the backs about vertical, if I recall correctly.

Slide them up in the mount as high as they can go also, to start with. That's likely where they'll stay.

0526031640.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

THANK YOU!!

Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I push them right up against the hull, and the bottoms should be parallel to the keel line... I think that would make the backs about vertical, if I recall correctly.

Slide them up in the mount as high as they can go also, to start with. That's likely where they'll stay.

0526031640.jpg
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road

I am not usually one for Black and Yellow on a boat but it came together nicely on this one!
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    I am not usually one for Black and Yellow on a boat but it came together nicely on this one!
    I agree, but they should have flipped the colors. More yellow with the Black accents would have been sweet!

That's the way to do it! Great work! Good thinking Rafael, can't please everyone!
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

How will this new 4068 motor fit in my blackjack 29 v3?

Since the esc is the same on the impulse it would fit fine, but would it fit right in my hull?
    Anyone know how this motor will be vs my Stock 3668 2000kv blackjack motor? Would this impulse motor use more amp or not?
    I would run it on 6s like i do with my blackjackmotor :)

The 4068, Impulse 31 V3 motor, drops right in. This motor is a 4 pole, which by design consumes less power, but makes more RPM than a 6 pole. I've personally tested this motor in my Miss Geico and with the Voracity prop got 61, on 6s, with Dynamite 50c packs.
    Rafael Lopez

That was good speeds! Just like i want it.

Now i hit 49mph with the stock s/b prop on 6s, strut is in stock posission (flat on top with the rudder mount)

Maby i going to look for the voracity prop also when it came out, but its not safe to use this prop with the 2000kv motor like i have today?
    Do you know why the blackjack and the impulse have different motors?
    Because v hull need more power?
    Would you say this is a upgrade to buy the impulse v3 motor to my blackjack using the stock prop or is it just waist of time?

Thank you Rafael for making good boats and the same time help us in the forum :)

I have run my blackjack v3 on 6s for about 17 times now with no issue at all, only a bit hot motor connectors but this is not a issue, people will think it is because they feel so hot but it works just fine, im not worry about that anymore.

Now back to the impulse boat, anyone got this boat yet? Seems nice. Very curious about this 4068 motor it came with.

See my comments below.
    Quote Originally Posted by waterproof View Post
    That was good speeds! Just like i want it.

Now i hit 49mph with the stock s/b prop on 6s, strut is in stock posission (flat on top with the rudder mount)I found the boat runs better with the strut pushed all the way up, which puts it 2mm above the ride pads, and the batteries mounted all the way back.

Maby i going to look for the voracity prop also when it came out, but its not safe to use this prop with the 2000kv motor like i have today? Not a good idea to run a 45mm prop on the 2000kv motor in the 29-inch boats.
    Do you know why the blackjack and the impulse have different motors?I put a different motor in the Impulse for few reasons, the main reason being that the 29-inch boats are hydros and the V is cutting through the water, displacing it. This causes way more friction and amperage draw when compared to a boat that is skimming across the top of the water.
    Because v hull need more power?
    Would you say this is a upgrade to buy the impulse v3 motor to my blackjack using the stock prop or is it just waist of time? Just dropping in the Impulse motor wont gain you much, if anything at all. What it will allow you to do is have more amperage room to play with larger props. That being said, my last comment regarding the 61 MPH was based on me pushing the motor in that hull to see how fast it would go, not caring if I burned something up or not. Experiment at your own risk.

Thank you Rafael for making good boats and the same time help us in the forum :)My pleasure

I have run my blackjack v3 on 6s for about 17 times now with no issue at all, only a bit hot motor connectors but this is not a issue, people will think it is because they feel so hot but it works just fine, im not worry about that anymore.I knew you would eventual see past the connector temps, see it as normal, and enjoy the boat

Now back to the impulse boat, anyone got this boat yet? Seems nice. Very curious about this 4068 motor it came with.Since we're back on topic, the Voracity motor and prop are a great upgrade for the Impulse 31 V3. Just saying.....
    Rafael Lopez

Thanks for good answers.

Yes i know it is a risk that we users have to take when tuning the boat.
    I dosnt know the voracity have a 45mm prop. I would change to lower kv before i step up in prop size.

Im going to try out the strut mod like you say, just now it runs very stabile and straight, just affraid i would flip it if i raise the strut.
    I have never flip it before, my batteries is all the way back and timing is 7.5

Sorry for offtopic with my blackjack 29.

I would like to watch some videos of the impulse 31 v3 on 6s, just a matter of time before it came on youtube i think..
    Last edited by waterproof; 08-07-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12