Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad and near my house. Rule #1. It's a toy boat and not worth dying for.

Guys ,go to big 5 and buy a water ski vest ,light weight ,EZ to swim in,even if your a strong swimmer everyone has limits ,the vest makes it EZ and safe,I keep mine right by me so if my rescue boat won't work or if I have to get there fast it's quick to throw on and go ,

Please don't feed the troll guys. Lots of great suggestions in this old thread. The important thing is to use your head, don't assume you are bullet proof, and don't swim for you toy boat.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Make sure you sign your organ donor card.
    I used to be a triathlete so a short swim in calm lake isn't exactly a challenge. I am on the organ donor registry though!

If you aren't a good swimmer by all means use some kind of boat and wear a life jacket too.

Its got nothing to do with being fit & a great swimmer, its when something unexpected happens. Either conditions wise or health issues show, theirs enough people ended up drowning who were also good swimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Its got nothing to do with being fit & a great swimmer, its when something unexpected happens. Either conditions wise or health issues show, theirs enough people ended up drowning who were also good swimmers.
    That's crazy logic. If you really are a good swimmer and the water isn't too cold then it's good for your health to go for a swim. I guess it comes down to what you consider a good swimmer to be.

It is the fishermen that scare me, those damned worm drowners litter lakes with their lines, and they last forever. Over the years I have seen dozens of boats and some wildlife caught up in it. I consider myself a strong swimmer, but just the thought of putting the endurance of my tread water to the ultimate test, whilst tangled up and attached to a rock fills me with dread. I would never even dive a lake solo, and then I know I have flotation, a knife and at least 15 mins of spare air to try and get free should the worst happen.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Major View Post
    I used to be a triathlete so a short swim in calm lake isn't exactly a challenge. I am on the organ donor registry though!

If you aren't a good swimmer by all means use some kind of boat and wear a life jacket too.

https://youtu.be/6MT3CihStFQ

I got myself a cheap blow up canoe from amazon for $80 I never take my boats with out it, one time I almost wanted to swim 300 yards out but my gut told me it's not worth it. Sad to see so many people drown because of a toy.

I almost made a swim for mine, but didn't have the time. It was 1988 and I was 21. Went to the LHS to get some parts and there's this huge deep vee gas boat on the counter. Being that I was a regular offroad racer there, he gave me a nice discount on it. The 4th time I used it was on the Long Island Sound during a lunch break. Well, for some reason, the motor quit as the boat was about 200 or so feet from the shore with the winds blowing it out to sea. At this point, I had about 15 minutes to go back to work. Being that it was early in the week, there were no boaters around to get it for me. I thought about making a swim for it for about a minute, then thought to myself that it's just too far away. So, I got pissed off at myself, smashed the Tx to the ground, got in my truck and went back to work. $800 shot to hell. But you know what, you can't make more money to get another one if you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodrvr View Post
    I almost made a swim for mine, but didn't have the time. It was 1988 and I was 21. Went to the LHS to get some parts and there's this huge deep vee gas boat on the counter. Being that I was a regular offroad racer there, he gave me a nice discount on it. The 4th time I used it was on the Long Island Sound during a lunch break. Well, for some reason, the motor quit as the boat was about 200 or so feet from the shore with the winds blowing it out to sea. At this point, I had about 15 minutes to go back to work. Being that it was early in the week, there were no boaters around to get it for me. I thought about making a swim for it for about a minute, then thought to myself that it's just too far away. So, I got pissed off at myself, smashed the Tx to the ground, got in my truck and went back to work. $800 shot to hell. But you know what, you can't make more money to get another one if you're dead.
    I too did this back in 2010.
    Swam for my Enforcer REVENGE that flipped over.
    If my friend Kris had not been there I would have drown in less then a foot of water.
    I started to pass out and cut my feet up real bad on the rocks on my way in. Didn't realize that I did that till he dragged me onto shore.
    DO NOT SWIM FOR THESE STUPID BOATS GUYS AND GALS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12