Thread: German Brand, Chinese price??

Question German Brand, Chinese price??

Too many boats, not enough time...

For what it is worth, I have seen on German forums and a couple of the French forums where these have been used successfully. However, there are some notes (hard to surmise because of language translation) related to how they increase internal resistance over time. You may be able to look up the translation for "resistance" and use that as a search term in various foreign forums.

As a side note, for the price, you could go with one of the Lite versions from MGM. A lot of folks including myself have had very positive experiences with MGM's support team. If you decide to get some prices, let me know. There is now another U.S. distributor for MGM besides Rocket City that could work with you. Either vendor is great to work with in my personal experience.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    For what it is worth, I have seen on German forums and a couple of the French forums where these have been used successfully. However, there are some notes (hard to surmise because of language translation) related to how they increase internal resistance over time. You may be able to look up the translation for "resistance" and use that as a search term in various foreign forums.

As a side note, for the price, you could go with one of the Lite versions from MGM. A lot of folks including myself have had very positive experiences with MGM's support team. If you decide to get some prices, let me know. There is now another U.S. distributor for MGM besides Rocket City that could work with you. Either vendor is great to work with in my personal experience.
    Thanks!
    yes, if I were looking for something a step higher than Chinese ESCs, MGM is on my radar. I was searching for quad copters when I stumbled upon these and really thought that they were priced too low to be real German products.
    At the moment I am bitten by the quad bug.... all my plans ( summer builds) have come to a grinding halt......
    Man, I need to go to a shrink

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Thanks!
    yes, if I were looking for something a step higher than Chinese ESCs, MGM is on my radar. I was searching for quad copters when I stumbled upon these and really thought that they were priced too low to be real German products.
    At the moment I am bitten by the quad bug.... all my plans ( summer builds) have come to a grinding halt......
    Man, I need to go to a shrink
    Quad with a paintball gun

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Quad with a paintball gun

What I really need is a GPS locked quad with a FPV camera looking down on the lake as a visual aid to driving my boats so I know where the shoreline is in a bird's eye view. ( no more beaching of my boats)