Thread: Spartan got nasty after 6mm connectors

Default Spartan got nasty after 6mm connectors

So I followed some advice from a few guys on here, installed some 6mm connectors on batteries and esc in my spartan. My setup is as follows: 1600 kv leopard 4082, seaking 180a v3, 48mm proper with 1.4 pitch, larger trim tabs (i have 4 stock trim tabs with adjusters, but I've seen videos of people running with just a pair of larger ones so I wanted to give that a shot.) I took it out and it is ready to buck, but with massive torque roll. I couldn't open it up all the way because it would have barrel rolled for sure. Before I went out I made sure the strut was slightly angled up, had right trim tab ( facing rear of boat) down slightly. I was running this setup on a v2 seaking, with trx Donne tore and it ran awesome, no overheating or anything. I'm guessing that since I have better current flow I should probably prop down? Or do I want to lower left trim tab and raise right?

How many cells in the battery? Is the prop sharp? If it is torque rolling under low speed acceleration then trim tabs wont help much if any, you need to sharpen your prop further and/or reduce its diameter.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

You can always play with the tabs.................you may want to consider less diameter as well, possibly an m445, x642, Prather s220
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

I have not yet mastered the art of balancing and sharpening props, I usually go for the cnc style sold here. Maybe I'll try a 45mm 1.4 pitch on the spartan

X445 works great ,play with the strut setting it makes a big difference,take your wrenches to the shore and make small adjustments and try a quick run ,

Thinner prop or smaller prop. You might lose a bit of speed with smaller prop but, run time ius better and less roll. If you can get some weight to the port side it may help too.
    Nortavlag Bulc