Thread: New boat from Mini Cat Racing USA

Default New boat from Mini Cat Racing USA

We have a new boat we are going to be offering. I corresponded with someone here in the forums about testing it for us but it took us forever to get our sample unit. We received it today....FINALLY....and now I'm blank about who it was!! Please come forward.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim, we talked offline about testing some time ago, but I don't believe that it was me, so you can rule me out unless you need help. Regardless, I'd be happy to be a resource for whoever it is.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    We have a new boat we are going to be offering. I corresponded with someone here in the forums about testing it for us but it took us forever to get our sample unit. We received it today....FINALLY....and now I'm blank about who it was!! Please come forward.
    Hey Jim, what kind of boats? before I was a member here I checked your site several times a day! Good to know that you are bringing in new products!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Formula 1 outboard, 27" with very unique drive system. Ready to run with radio.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Ben, I think it probably was you! I would like to send the boat to you for testing and a review and then send it back to me. I would need it to be done quickly. Are you willing? If so, please PM me your shipping address.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim, I can certainly test quickly.
    Last edited by Meniscus; 07-06-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Very cool that it is self-righting. I've never seen a tunnel hull that does that.

I'm hoping for the best regarding performance. It comes with a radio this time. Runs on 3S 3000mAh pack. It's not cheap so I won't have a large inventory of them to start off. Retail is $569 but I'll include free shipping in the 48 states.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

While I seem to be in the minority[] whenever I see something as cool as this rig my thinking goes right to "ONE DESIGN RACE CLASS". Whatever....

D19 Outlaw Sunday002.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tony, that is an excellent idea. I'm looking forward to providing feedback with regards to how the model performs. As I have found out from Jim, there is a fair amount of adjustment which would allow for setup for many different conditions including turbulent race water. It would certainly be nice to pull into the middle of the course if the boat flips and is deemed a dead boat under the rules. Anything is better than being exposed and in the way of traffic, risking a collision.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Jim,
    That's pretty cool. If it checks out when might it be available?
    I recently bought the small rigger and you helped me sort out the ESC problem.
    Pete
    Los Altos, CA
    Support US hobby suppliers

This thread is over a year old, Jim hasn't even been on OSE for five months.....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for