Thread: Need Boat Stand

Default Need Boat Stand

I want something that is portable but will also fit in my boat bag nicely. Smaller is better,what design would work best?

It's a compromise: A good stand made with PVC pipes should be tall enough for the rudder to have enough clearance to any surface that you are placing your boat on, this is important, if the clearance is a mere 1/2" or so, you run the risk of eventually whacking the rudder not to mention the prop.
    Also I prefer the longitudinal pipes with black foam insulator to support the bottom of the boat vs the lateral two-piece boards that is cut out like a V. Always mindful of area of support vs. point of support on a thin FG hull.
    That being said, a nice looking Etti stand should do the trick in your boat bag, provided it will give enough clearance for the rudder. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=etti-a085 note that the support pieces to the hull has very small contact area and it is slippery, I had to put some electrical tape to INCREASE FRICTION.
    You should get some kind of board to make the bottom and the two sides of the bag rigid, IMO this is of crucial importance.
    In your truck or car you should have another PVC stand if you need to work on your boat at the lake, it will be more stable.
    Just my $.02.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

http://kintecracing.com/Accessories.html would this one on kintec work for both?

Link doesn't work on my phone.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

sorry, its the one on kintecracing.com under the accessories tab. I believe funrcboats.com also has some stands.

I have to wait until after work tonight. Is it made of blue aluminum pipe?

yeah i think so, and the sides are carbon fiber and it comes with velcro straps.

That wasn't the one I was thinking, but I have it. Its light and the CF side plate has los of flex. Again, for carring or display its ok. Not sure if you can pack it in the bag. I remember i had to lock the sides so they stay, and its not a short stand if the "X" is fully up.
    A nice design buy ultimately not 100% practical in my opinion.

I might have an early version, now that I think about it, I had to do some modifications for it to work for me.

Yes, this type is the most common and practical one. You can build it for a fraction of the cost. You need a PVC cutter, and cement. Any hardware store sells these pipes and I forgot now the diameter. Think it's 1/2", get some T and 90* joint pieces and you are in business.

Yeah that's what I planned on doing. Thanks!