Thread: Miss Seattle upgrades?

Default Miss Seattle upgrades?

Hello I'm new here, I just got into rc boating. I do have other rc land vehicles, I have just bought the aquacraft miss seattle, and I'm wanting to upgrade it . it handles great as is, but I want more speed. I am lost on props don't know where to start, it would be nice if I could get some help, on how the hydro's work? The fine on the very front does move but seems to just help get on plane. I've buffed the hall, did grimracer mods but now I would like more speed before I go with the bigger motor.

3s battery?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I have a 3 cell. Can the ESC on this handle 4s?

Don't know but not sure there is enough room for a 4s in that hull. Props are probably your best bet
    Billy Graham

I mean 2, 2s. That would be 14 volts.

But on props I don't know where to start.

Straight from the designers mouth

The GP-1, Mini Mono and new Miss Seattle can only be used on 3S. (at least with the stock controller).
    The GP one is my favorite. The mini mono a second and the Miss Seattle the 3rd. The Miss Seattle is a bear to get to run well. I have H O U R S on that boat and never got 100% happy with the performance. (Albeit I want it all).
    It shares the same bottom as the GP-1 BUT has the opening for the front canard. The GP-1 will fit more battery then the Seattle as well.
    With tweaks to the GP-1 30MPH is doable and with GREAT handling.. The fin "could" stand to be a tick larger at those speeds but a quick blip on the throttle to set the boat and its good to go.
    Note to those that have the boat..

Get the blue prop
    Billy Graham

Mine came with the blue prop. And a blue spare as well. I really enjoy the miss seattle, it gets on plane fast. The fine in the very front what is it actually for? Can I paint this plastic? I would like to put a clear coat on the bottom.

It is used to raise or lower the nose (called flying the boat) down on a real hydroplane. You could for sure paint it. probably useless to put the clearcoat on the bottom.
    Billy Graham

I think I'll just get a motor. I have the blue prop, is there a prop I can put on for top speed?

Can anyone help with a good prop