Thread: Motor Mount Crooked?

Default Motor Mount Crooked?

IMG_0371.jpg Just received the revolt today, maybe I am crazy but it looks like the motor mount is slightly crooked. Maybe it just appears that way because the stuffing tube is drilled offset, but just wanted to check and see if you guys had any input.

p.s. I am planning on replacing the motor anyways, but if there is an issue I want to get it out of the way asap

Hard to tell from a picture, you should run it stock first then modify.
    The criteria I use is to see if the cable goes straight into the collet without alignment issues. If it is ok, then don't bother with visual perception: judging from the pic, the woodblocks on both side do appear to have a bit of difference in terms of how the metal sits on it. Be careful if you take it apart, don't strip the wood and make a note how the different washers are placed, I remember someone forgot to study it and had to ask a question when he was putting it back.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

If you have a chance, I like to see a picture how the transom looks like, because you mentioned the stuffing tube /strut is mounted off set, I thought the Revolt used to have it mounted on the center, but is this newly purchased from Towerhobbies? I wonder there was change in the production???

IMG_0373.jpg

Yeah it is offset to counter torque roll. This must be a later model because the water intake issue on the rudder is not there either.

WOW, interesting! Thanks for the picture!!
    Good Luck have fun and enjoy your boat!

Offset shaft/strut is on mine as well and it's an original production boat...

Cheers;
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Racer944 View Post
    Offset shaft/strut is on mine as well and it's an original production boat...

Cheers;
    Eric
    I had a feeling that was the case, but I didnt pay attention to the original boat and was surprised today. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk