Thread: Battleship Iowa BB-61

Default Battleship Iowa BB-61

Display model on the full size battleship :

Iowa032.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

That looks great. I loved those old Batterships. The Missouri was in Bremerton Washington shipyard for a number of years and they used to hold tours. Got to go on it several times when I was young.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Toured the Mighty Mo a couple of years ago while in Oahu. There is a bronze plaque mounted in the deck, on the spot where the japs finally gave up and surrendered. She stands guard over the watery grave of the USS Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbletop409 View Post
    Toured the Mighty Mo a couple of years ago while in Oahu. There is a bronze plaque mounted in the deck, on the spot where the japs finally gave up and surrendered. She stands guard over the watery grave of the USS Arizona.
    During the surrender signing 2000 American warplanes did a flyby as a reminder of what could follow if not signed.......

Cool screen name !

Last Saturday at the Xmas Car Show - sat all morning near this '63 nut & bolt restoration

DSC07146.JPG
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

In the late 90s I attended several APBA FE Nats in Tacoma. On one trip I drove to Bremerton, and saw three Iowa-class ships moored together. Very cool, can't remember which hulls. In 2003 I toured the Missouri at Pearl Harbor next to the Arizona - a very moving experience. It is very interesting to tour the USS Texas in Houston (a contemporary of the Arizona) and compare the basic differences in battleship technology over the 30+ years between the launches of the ships.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Iowa009.jpgReady, Aim............

KaBOOM !!

Iowa012.jpg