Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMPBA D1 - Northern Lights MBC - 2015 "THE CAN-AM" Aug 8 & 9.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Yeah Ray, maybe we can actually have a conversation without me flitting off like a butterfly in the wind like I do to you at our race.
    I did notice that... Not a problem. It will be nice to see you guys up here and have time to chat etc.. You'll like the sport hydros some guys from Quebec bring. All seem to be take offs from the GP boats not full sized Unlimiteds. They make their own molds and a lot of scratch building, something you are familiar with.

Money from failed ebay purchase doesn't come back until the 28th July... buggers...

Hey Terry, you got room for an empty Mean Machine hull? Jeff from WI said he might have one for me he could ship to one of you Machiganian's so you could shlep it to me :) I've already got Tom bringing my warranty Zippy pack up, don't want to ask him a gazillion favors...

I'm sick of running my beat up Geico in Spec cat so, I want to try a mean machine instead, twin out the Geico this winter with a pair of $14 motors, $20 esc's. etc... super duper ugly cheap twin build I'll call it... like all my shiznit.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Yep, my girth is down a bit so that will help some, lol... Thank you for all the hard work you guys do for me and all others, MUCHO GRACIAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Hey Ray-Ray:

No worries my friend, life throws us all curve balls now & then, toy boats are just that, toy boats.

FWIW, I've widened & strengthened the stairs to the driver's stand to make it easier for you, now you gotta come!
    Nortavlag Bulc

hey guys I'm sorry but I'm going to have to back out of this race, my daughter Ninas B-day is the 6th and she's decided she wants to have a party on that sat the 8th. I've been planning for this months and have gotten my boats pretty dialed and was very excited to race w all you guys but it's not gonna happen this year, sorry. If anything changes I'll let you know.
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Awe bummer Mike. Family first though.
    Noisy person

That's a bummer, Family first though..... Mike have tried sweet talk'n , money etc. ? I was going to have to crap out on the Sunday but Iain's FB team got nocked out in the semi finals so I'm good to go. On another note, since dolby isn't going to drive the 22 hr to Colorado for the 2015 NAMBA FE Nats , maybe he will drive 30 min to 50 Point for the CANAM the original Northern Nats.

Cheers, Jay.

Race on

It would be nice to have him join in but, he said he had some family stuff too. Oh well, his loss. Sorry Mike & family, we'll miss you!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray

Jeff did send me a email and gave him my address to ship the boat to me I will let you know if it showed up

Fred
    When all else fails floor it

Cool Fred, thanks!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Sorry Ray. Missed that. We'll throw it on the pile with the other 13 boats we're dragging over. haha
    Noisy person

This one has been on my bucket list for a couple years now. I couldnt turn down Gas Nats up in Rochester a few weeks ago so at least I made it up into D1 this year. Hopefully next year will be it.

Was at the park today, wind was blowing hard but the racing surface was flat and weed free.

Just a week to go now, if you're sitting on the fence, come on in, it's going to be a great event!

Getting pretty excited for this race! Look like a great site, and meet new people. Are we going to merge the nitro and FE scales?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Fleury View Post
    Getting pretty excited for this race! Look like a great site, and meet new people. Are we going to merge the nitro and FE scales?
    Looking froward to having you!

Unfortunately it's not looking good for FE Scale unless we get some more entries at the last minute...

Terry

Will we be able to leave tables and tent at the site overnight???
    Will there be anyone watching at night??

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Terry

Will we be able to leave tables and tent at the site overnight???
    Will there be anyone watching at night??

Larry
    Yup, no problem at all. On site security 24/7. Some guys leave their trailers as well.

Looking froward to seeing you again, you're gonna love our "new" site!

Weekend weather's looking great, sunny, mid 70's and light winds.

If you want to get in, or change/modify your entry please let me know by tonight. It's much easier to do it ahead of race day.

Neil Lagarry showing fine form:

Well. 4 fools and a rental trailer. Which BTW only cost us $71 even with the extra insurance. We stuffed 13 boats and gear for 4 in that little bugger.

Open water went well. Had to juggle some classes after a servo. I was going to be spread a little thin anyway. We're as ready as we're gitt'n 20150807_080651.jpg
    Noisy person

so bummed we couldnt join you guys.
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Bummed you guy's / gal's couldn't make it. great temps in the low seventy's with a fairly gusty breeze at times.
    Team USA could use your help in the Can/AM challenge. great racing with a few blow overs, stalled boats, and crapped out esc's . racing....

Cheers, Jay.

Little breezy today but overall a stellar day. Thanks to the northern Lights gang. We're having a ton of fun.
    Noisy person

Thank you to the Northern Lights Club Model Boat Club members. This was a well organized event at a great race site. This was my first time attending, and I will be back for sure! Racers, do your selves a favor and put this one on your calendar.

What a great time fellas. The kids were talking "next year" before we even got our stuff packed up.

Something that not everyone notices when they go to a race is the orchestration. These guys have it down. Right down to scheduling man power so that they don't just bake a couple of work horses. Really well run event. I was terribly impressed with the effort and organization that went into this. We were watching fellas. We were learning too. We recognize and appreciate the effort. Thank you very much.

Special thanks to Olly. Olly won the RTR Lucas in the raffle. He said he would likely not run it. He's just not into FE. So he gave it to Ty. Apparently he has done this before too. Someday I hope Tyler remembers and has an opportunity to be as generous. This kind of generosity IS model boating and model boaters. It's the family that I'm always nagging you anti-racing guys to come be a part of. Not sure I can quite express what a great collection of humans model boat racing really attracts. You almost have to just try it and see for yourself.

Ty got up this morning while I was getting ready for work and had torn into it to start getting ready for practice this Wednesday. He had replaced the RX and was trying to bind it to his radio before I got out the door. Yeah, the kid has it bad. Not sure where he gets it from. haha So be sure to let Olly know it's going to get raced. A lot.
    Noisy person

I'm very, very proud of our Northern Lights MBC members and their families that worked their tails off to host such fantastic event for our guests!

There was stiff competition all weekend mixed with the sounds of people having fun.

Marc-Andre Voyer came from Quebec with family in tow, enjoyed a day at Canada's Wonderland then got married to Marie-Eve in Niagara Falls Friday night!

Still unpacking but for now the results are posted: http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bi...ub&event=canam
    More to follow...

Photo courtesy Paul Charles.
    Last edited by Terry Keeley; 08-10-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    I'm very, very proud of our Northern Lights MBC members and their families that worked their tails off to host such fantastic event for our guests!

There was stiff competition all weekend mixed with the sounds of people having fun.

Marc-Andre Voyer came from Quebec with family in tow, enjoyed a day at Canada's Wonderland then got married to Marie-Eve in Niagara Falls Friday night!

Still unpacking but for now the results are posted: http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bi...ub&event=canam
    More to follow...

Photo courtesy Paul Charles.
    Open Hydro. The one time I got the inside for the start but lost it on lap 2......

Had a great time.....I will be back.....

I want to start by saying thanks to Terry and the gang. They did a great job at hosting this race and it went off with out a hitch( expert for Mark and his new bride, Congrats you two) 2 days of deck to deck racing with some of the best heats I have seen in a long time.

Our boys were talking about next year and the classes they wanted to run. This was There first travel race and you guys made it a big hit for them, thanks you for that now they want to go with us to every race LOL.

As part of the crew from MMEU that helps put on a race I know what it take to pull off something like this and its a lot of had work thanks again and let me know the date of next years, want to put it down as soon as I can to plan around this one.

To those of you that missed this race mark it on the calendar for next as you will not find a better site, or club to put it on thaks again guys it was great more highlight after I I get my brain back where it belongs

Fred
    When all else fails floor it

I could not agree more with the rest of the FE guys. As a member of MMEU, I had the greatest time ever. The race went off without a hitch. Congrats to Marc-Andre and his new bride! I met some of the nicest people, and hope to see you all again very soon. I hope we make this a regular trip with our club. This needs to be placed on everyone's calendar.

Thanks to Terry, Randy and all the Northern Lights gang for putting on a GREAT event.

So since there are 12 members on team Canada, does each team member get the "Oneida Cup" for a month each ( like the Stanley Cup)? Just curious as to what the tradition is so next year when we win it we can follow the tradition.
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

What a blast! By all accounts the "Can-Am" for 2015 was a huge success, thanks again to our NLMBC members and their families for all their hard work and a huge thank you to all our guests that travelled to help make our event. A race without contestants is no race at all.

For the second year in a row "Team Canada" prevailed winning the Can-Am Cup with a total score of 12,044 to Team USA's 10,425.

Team Captain Marc-Andre Voyer accepts the Can-Am trophy:

Team Canada's "Barney the Beaver" went missing briefly but was returned after a ransom was paid (in US dollars):

Randy Rapedius took home the Oneida Cup for a second time in recent years nudging out Craig Mapstone by 50 points!

Narissa Douglas won the big prize in our raffle, an Aquacraft "Lucas Oil" RTR cat:

Young Tyler Davis wanted to win it so bad he talked about it all weekend, so Risssa & Olly gave it to him!

Olly & Ris are great friends and represent the best our community has to offer, thanks again guys.

Again a huge thank you to all our sponsors without your support these events just wouldn't happen.

More photos here: http://gallery.intlwaters.com/thumbnails.php?album=1187

Look for a complete wrap up in the upcoming IMPBA "Roostertail".

Mike Cardwell made a neat little video of our event with his quadcopter, nice overhead view of the site right near the end:

Last edited by Terry Keeley; 08-16-2015 at 09:43 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12