Thread: The new Venom/Atomic Segad/Saga/C1/KOS?

Default The new Venom/Atomic Segad/Saga/C1/KOS?

I was looking at buying the 25" version of this cat for my niece & nephew to run this summer, but then I saw this 36"...receiver-ready for $255+shipping. No US warehouse stock, yet.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...20EP_ARR_.html

Nice find,
    I like the dual water pick up on the rudder more than the old twin brass tube transom picc up. also the motor arrangement is easier to work on.
    I wish they have another color scheme though.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I think that is a well put together package for a beginners boat. Decent ESC,s & motors in a good kv range for a twin with the right size props. Nice enough drives, with twin ball races in them.
    Plenty of potential for simple upgrades too.
    I like it.

Looks sweet. When I decided to get my Blackjack 29 I was looking for a dual drive at a good price. I might pick this up down the road.

I couldn't resist. Found a buddy code making it $245. Got raped on int'l shipping, but I'm pretty sure I would pay the same total $ from the US warehouse since they raise the price about 10% above the global warehouse price anyway. I'll let my niece run this one on 4s, now, with some brass 40mm props, & maybe next winter pull the wooden guts out for some carbon fiber, wire-drives & better motors.
    Last edited by lt130th; 05-25-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Not as pretty but components are much better . Nice find for the money for sure.
    Don't forget to put your brain in gear before you engage your mouth! Thanks Dad!