Thread: Futaba Fasst question?

Default Futaba Fasst question?

I am using a Futaba fasst radio and would like to know if it is OK to use other brand 2.4ghz recievers? It is just that some are much cheaper than the Futaba. I must say that I am very impressed with this system and would recomend it to anyone looking at a 2.4 system.

No, you get to pay the Futaba Tax forever. Sorry.

Andy

Andy, you mean can you use Spektrum brand rx with Futaba Tx 2.4GHz or similar? I doubt it but thats a good question.. SOCAL Bill would know this one. Send a message to him before you purchase if you are gonna.

What Futaba system are you running? I am interested in making the switch this winter. Thanks
    Last edited by Mich. Maniac; 09-25-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    No, you get to pay the Futaba Tax forever. Sorry.

Andy
    I just didnt understand your reply... I coulda swore it said you get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    .. SOCAL Bill would prollly know this one.
    What does prolly mean? I can not find it in any dictionary I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jet View Post
    Never heard of Ebonix white Boi?
    Last edited by Mich. Maniac; 09-25-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jet View Post
    DID YOU HAVE ANY INFO TO GIVE TO THIS THREAD? This is the reason why others get pissed on here. I was trying to help the OP by refering to someone who would know before wasting money.

It doesnt matter how much you do or dont know about boats/rc boats. If you arent helping your part of the problem. SmartAss remarks are not help.
    Last edited by Mich. Maniac; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.

To be clear, none of the currently available 2.4 systems are cross compatible. Futaba only works with Futaba, JR/Spektrum only works with JR/Spektrum, Airtronics only works with Airtronics, and XPS only works with XPS (XPS can be used in any radio since it is just a plug in RF deck, but the modules only talk to their receivers).

Once you choose a brand, then you need to stick with that brand for all your receivers.

I have had zero issues with any of the 11 FASST receivers I have and the radio has been rock solid in every boat I have run with it.
    Don't get me started

Ok lets everyone get back to their respective corners and cool off please.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Some people should really consider decaf in the morning
    Ghost

Andy, you mean can you use Spektrum brand rx with Futaba Tx 2.4GHz or similar? I doubt it but thats a good question.. SOCAL Bill would know this one. Send a message to him before you purchase if you are gonna.

What Futaba system are you running? I am interested in making the switch this winter. Thanks
    No, I mean you have to stick with a brand once you select it. EXCEPT that JR and Spektrum are compatible, so those you can buy JR transmitter and Spektrum receivers or Spektrum transmitter and JR receivers.

I used to run a 3PDF system but upgraded all my stuff (airplanes and boats) to Spektrum. The DX3R has the world's easiest programming (I could figure it out w/o a manual). I have huge hands so it's kinda small for me, but easy enough to adapt to.

Andy

DID YOU HAVE ANY INFO TO GIVE TO THIS THREAD OR ARE YOU JUST BEING A IDIOT. Why would you even post if you have nothing to say other than a little girl type remark. Thats why you deginerates keep ruining this forum. Get off if you dont wanna read whats here. Damn.
    Mich, cool your jets. I think that the Dr. was just pointing out the habit of many people to use text formating, rather than using the Engish language to communicate. As, you are an engineer you know that it is all in the details and nothing is left to a misunderstanding. Please note the Dr. did not respond to your tirade, that is what PM's are for.
    Bye the way, you have a PM

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 09-25-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    No, I mean you have to stick with a brand once you select it. EXCEPT that JR and Spektrum are compatible, so those you can buy JR transmitter and Spektrum receivers or Spektrum transmitter and JR receivers.
    JR and Spektrum are one and the same for all practical purposes as opposed to separate brands. Spektrum is owned by Horizon and buys much of their hardware from JR. JR does the lion's share of assembly work. In reality it is like Futaba/Tower/Cirrus radios and servos.

This is why I always type "JR/Spektrum" because they are essentially the same brand.
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    JR and Spektrum are one and the same for all practical purposes as opposed to separate brands. Spektrum is owned by Horizon and buys much of their hardware from JR. JR does the lion's share of assembly work. In reality it is like Futaba/Tower/Cirrus radios and servos.

This is why I always type "JR/Spektrum" because they are essentially the same brand.
    Correct, Bill

Well thanks guys, I am very happy with the fasst system, it was just a silly question from a middle aged boat freak so do NOT go getting upset about it all.
    Thank you for those who's answer's answered my question
    Andym

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Well thanks guys, I am very happy with the fasst system, it was just a silly question from a middle aged boat freak so do NOT go getting upset about it all.
    Thank you for those who's answer's answered my question
    Andym
    Andy, not a silly question. A very valid one.

Douggie

Futaba has a sequence to follow to link a receiver to the transmitter that I`m pretty sure is brand specific. But to be sure you can check with a Futaba rep to see if anything else is compatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfoss1 View Post
    Futaba has a sequence to follow to link a receiver to the transmitter that I`m pretty sure is brand specific. But to be sure you can check with a Futaba rep to see if anything else is compatable.
    The reason that Futaba only works with Futaba and so on has nothing to do with how you bind the receiver to the module. It is in the actual electronics. Just like PCM radios, they only work within the brand because the circuitry and transmission encoding is proprietary.

So with regard to 2.4 GHz spread spectrum radios each brand only works with that brand's transmitter module or RF deck and their receivers.
    Don't get me started