Thread: Spartan Ride Issue

Default Spartan Ride Issue

First, here is my Spartan setup. Stock electronics, Two 3s Lipos, Batteries are within 1" of the max forward position Dual Water Intake Rudder, Aftermarket Billet Trim Tabs
    Aftermarket Turn Fins, CNC Prop. The problem im having is Chine Walk above 40mph, hardly able to keep it wide open. Bow is staying perfect height, runtime is good, just cant get rid of chine walk. Help me out guys.

I had the same problem, take an extra set of batteries and put them in the back slots of the tray. The extra weight will help. I even went with a three blade prop 46mm 1.6 pitch 3 boat does over 65 mph so far. I too am using a stock esc and motor using 4s x2s. hope this helps

I'm currently experimenting with different setups as well. Mine suffers the same affliction. Upgraded the motor (Leo 4082), ESC (Seaking 180A), flex cable (0.187), and transom hardware (dual pick-up rudder, larger tabs and fins). The boat is a rocket ship right now compared to stock, but as soon as I hit 40 mph I start getting chine walk.

Tried raising the strut a bit, but my last run was choppy so I didn't get a chance for a proper run. Have to try again later on.

This seems to have helped me as well. I put on the Stinger Strut and had it adjusted at 0 degrees or even a bit positive, but once I adjusted it down (negative) my ride was much better. When it was up it was really causing the boat to pull to the one side. I thought it was the trim tabs since I installed both at the same time, but this adjustment has seemed to fix it. I find the boat seems to ride a lot better being out of the water at top speeds.

## Note to self _ only upgrade one thing at a time

IMG_3440.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvee View Post
    This seems to have helped me as well. I put on the Stinger Strut and had it adjusted at 0 degrees or even a bit positive, but once I adjusted it down (negative) my ride was much better. When it was up it was really causing the boat to pull to the one side. I thought it was the trim tabs since I installed both at the same time, but this adjustment has seemed to fix it. I find the boat seems to ride a lot better being out of the water at top speeds.

## Note to self _ only upgrade one thing at a time

IMG_3440.jpg
    Nice hardware. Can I ask where you got them? I'm looking for a set of smaller trim tabs as two sets of the wide ones won't fit.

I got most of the hardware from OSE. I got the cooling hoses from Kintec and a few other things. You can get the trim tabs from OSE and the smaller ones will just line up and screw in. It was super easy to install them. The Speedmasters took a little work, but look much better.

Both sets of Adjustable tabs installed. HR aluminum turn fins angled back about 20 degrees, Stock prop back on, 2- 3s 50c 5000mah SPC batteries 1" from front of tray, strut down from Factory setting about 2degree. Best this boat has run. I can run
    Full Throttle as long as I want, very minimal Chine Walk. GPS stats, 45.5 mph, distance traveled, 2.1 miles, Duration, 10.7 minutes. Im sure that when I get the CNC Prop and move the batteries back another inch or 2, I can hit that 50mph mark.