Thread: what motor/esc/batt combo for 36" Hydro?

Default what motor/esc/batt combo for 36" Hydro?

Hi,
    I would like to covert my 36"x18" Hydro from Gas (30cc) to Brushless. Could someone give me some suggestions as to motor/prop/esc/Lipo combos? Maybe for approx. 40mph, 50mph, and 60mph. I know cost probably goes up exponentially, so that's why I would like suggestions for a few different power levels. What would a 100A setup do for me? Also, my cowl sank to the bottom of the lake, does anyone sell those? Thanks for any input.image1 (5).jpg
    Last edited by gotahoe01; 05-13-2015 at 01:26 PM.

You need to provide a ton of more info, pictures if you have any. Theres plenty of places to get a cowling but whether or not it would fit your hull is for you to work out.

Also 30cc in a 36" hull sounds pretty tight, how did you acquire this boat?

image1 (5).jpg

It's a China/Ebay one. I have only used it for less than an hour like 8yrs ago, frustrated with the constant stalling on the lake, I put it away. The 30cc was just a guess.

Go to the classic thunder Web site lots of three setups there for 1/10th scale

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

gotahoe01
    Are you sure that's a 36" boat. The three that I've converted were 46". I've not seen a 36" version on any of the suppliers sites.

If it is the larger 46" version, cowls are available at this site. Just scroll down.

http://www.fuyuanrc.com/dept.asp?id=773
    Last edited by 785boats; 05-15-2015 at 12:36 PM.