Thread: RC race at the Sarasota Grand Prix?

Default RC race at the Sarasota Grand Prix?

Who wants to see a rc race at the Grand Prix? I am racing in the real gp and we are looking at possibly having a race sometime during the event.
    beating amsoil boat. 1 race at a time !!!

Do you already have a location selected, or are you looking for a pond? Although we are just in the midst of changing location, we may be able to accomidate a small group by the july 4th weekend.

West Florida Model Boat Club

I was hoping the Hyatt yacht basin. This way we include all racers who race the real ones who haven't seen these boats before. As you can see , mine matches my big boat and I am working on new ones for SRQ GP. I'm looking to see who is interested. It would be really cool

I will let the club know. I personally don't wish to run my boats in salt water. Been there, done that.

Its for charity

Although it might be cool and for charity, I'll still have to pass if you're planning on running it in salt. Salt water and RC gear do not play well together.
    See if Sarasota will let you put up a course on the lake at Benderson park and you will have a better chance of getting some attendance.

Ditto, No salt water for my boats either. If you come up with a fresh water place to run I'd be interested.