Thread: Possible LiPo issue

Default Possible LiPo issue

After keeping my Traxxas 11.1 5000mah 25c batteries in Storage mode all winter, I charged them last night with my Traxxas EZ Peak 6amp with balance board, which is what i always use for them, and they didnt match numbers after the charge Battery 1 reads 4.14 4.13 4.12 the second battery reads 4.20 4.20 4.20 I usually run in Series for the 22.2 effect. Is this going to be a problem due the voltage nit matching?

Yes it is a problem, but it can likely be solved. Charge battery 1 separately and it should reach 4.2V/cell, then make your first run a half length run so if one discharges much faster than the other it still won't be depleted, check voltages afterwards and hope they are all similar, if so do a full run and check again. If not then one of the packs is goosed, but you will be able to see what time the low pack will get you, and continuing with the charging to the same voltage and doing shortened runs may give it a kick up the arse and bring them into line after a few cycles.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.