Thread: Paypal isnt that bad!!!!

Default Paypal isnt that bad!!!!

well i heard everyone saying that paypal sucks when i comes to purchases that have gone wrong.
    well...... about 2 months ago i bought a billabong hat off ebay for 31 dollars.
    any how... well after about 3 weeks i emailed the seller about not reciving it ... he never got back to me
    i was about to leave negative feed back until i realized he has closed his ebay account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    well right then and there i was curious if i was ripped off or not,., I didn't really care much, it is only 31 bucks. but i was really looking forward to that hat!

any how. I went to start a dispute, which then went to a paypal report. and 5 days after that, paypal notified me saying you will have your monies returned to you as soon as the process has been made
    today i got my 31 dollars back!
    they are not that bad!
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

PayPal has saved my bacon on two purchases.
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

Here is where they (Paypal) cannot help one in these situations...
    once the guy that ripped you off and either does not have funds in the primary
    bank account or if he closes the bank account. It happened to me and
    I was short 125 bux until a VERY VERY tiering process of talking to the seller thru common friends
    and a VERY VERY late shipment arrived. Had he not shipped the items, I'd have been shy 125 dollars.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

When making a purchase with people you dont know well use your credit card thats listed as a funding option on your account. Than you have recourse with the credit card company. If you have money sitting in your paypal account, use it to pay people or companies you know well.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Ive used paypal for over 9 years now and transferred many thousands of dollars through them, In my eyes paypal has gotten worse since their buy out from ebay. Now purchases other than those made on ebay are no longer covered under the buyer protection program. Ive never had an issue with paypal in all that time.
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........

I know the routine & reasons; but it doesn't seem fair when I sell an item on Ebay for $300, that I pay fees to the same company on both sides.
    Ebay listing fee: $3.00
    Ebay final value fee: 8.75% of the initial $25.00 ($2.19), plus 3.50% of the remaining closing value
    Paypal fee: 2.9% + $0.30 USD

That's $3.00 + $2.19 + $10.50 + $8.70 + .30¢ = $24.69 or 8.2% combined

Of the $300 I made, I would get to keep $275.31

...i guess that's okay now that I worked it out.
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 09-24-2008 at 11:27 AM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The thing I noticed lately and dont like is the catch... Some sellers are now wanting the additional 3 percent along with purchase price. Kinda makes me just wanna go back to the old snail mail and money orders. I wouldnt blame business owners for it either. Thats kinda why I see some only taking credit cards.

That's $3.00 + $2.19 + $10.50 + $8.70 + .30¢ = $24.69 or 8.2% combined
    [/QUOTE]

Diegoboy, I agree with you, it really sux.
    I guess they think people won't notice all the little bites they take since they do it
    in steps... but in the end it is something that I can live without... 8% is a good chunk
    of the transaction.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::