Thread: CC hv 200 speed controller calibration issues

Default CC hv 200 speed controller calibration issues

I have a mystic 45" cat with twin neu 1527 1500 kv motors and cc 200 hv speed controllers The problem I'm having is I keep loosing calibration. Not sure what I may be doing wrong.i am currently using ac radion spectrum dx 8 with Marine reciever,I have had same problem with an older fm Jr pcm surface tadio

The Castle marine controllers have fixed end points on the brake/neutral/forward setting so it sounds like an issue with your radio system. By "loose calibration" do you mean you have to set-up the end points every time? If you are using an aircraft Castle controller with auto-calibrate end points this will always be the case. You can switch to fixed end points (again aircraft controller only) through the CC link.

Normally with the Castle marine controllers you must initially set the radio end points by holding full throttle, plug in the battery, wait for the tones, go to full brake, wait for the tones, go to neutral, wait for the tones and then unplug. This should set the end points with the radio for the next plug in.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

These are marine controllers . I'll do the initial setup and as long as I go and do my run before before swapping out battery's I can get good Rpms on both motors but when swapping battery's it can be hit or miss if It runs the same boat wants to pull to one side ( one motor turning less rpms than the other one) I can do a recalibration and would fix problem till next time.i feel like I'm missing something on setting up but I feel I'm doing it right

Try recalibrating each controller one at a time, so if using a Y-harness disconnect one, go through the sequence and then swap and repeat.

I have seen issues with the 240 controllers and people using the BEC circuit, but not with the HV controllers as they require a separate power source.

I assume both controllers are on the same software revision?

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Just re calibrated both speed controllers and double check that both have same software reversion. I have the throttle travel in the radio set to 150% in both directions. Should I have a different setting in the travel? As soon as I get a chance too get on water I will post the results thanks

Jack

Jack, the EPA points should be OK. You might try reducing them to 120. Usually anything over 100 is fine.

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Did my run Sunday morning the boat seems to run fine on 6s,but when I run on 8s is when I seem to have my problem I have 2 sets of batteries for 8s runs both sets seem to act a little different.i did a little test with boat in water nose against the dock and put half to 3/4 throttle and could visually see and hear the morors cutting out. When I look at the data log I don't really see a drop in voltage any suggestions on trouble shooting? Maybe thinking its a battery problem.

Thanks Jack

Jack,

Download the Castle data files and post in the thread. We can take a look and see if there is a problem. If you are stepping up from 6S to 8S, the current will be higher for the same driveline set-up.
    You may be hitting a current limiter or LVC depending on your settings.

Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Don't you have to re-calibrate throttle when you change input voltage?? I better D/L the throttle calibration from Castle for my XL-2. It's been 10 years since I used a Castle esc.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Can't seem to get data log uploaded. I did do some changes to settings. I changed the lvc from 3.7 to 3.2 i seemed to do the trick.on a 3 minute run my end voltage on 8s is at 3.83 per cell and on 6s I'm at 3.93

Thanks ,Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Fever29 View Post
    on a 3 minute run my end voltage on 8s is at 3.83 per cell and on 6s I'm at 3.93
    Thanks ,Jack
    Jack
    That end voltage-- is that under load, or battery voltage after the run on the dock???
    Voltage under load is a lot lower then voltage after the run.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Larry
    That was at the dock voltage I'll try to down load data log again have not had chance to even look at

Quote Originally Posted by Fever29 View Post
    Larry
    That was at the dock voltage I'll try to down load data log again have not had chance to even look at
    I checked all the posts: You have never said what batteries you are using - Brand- mAMP's & "C" rating??

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Larry
    I'm using dinogy 65c 5000 mah 2x4s for 8s a side and 1 dinogy 65c 5000mah 6s per side.
    Thanks Jack