Thread: seaking 180 amp programming card issue

Default seaking 180 amp programming card issue

Hi Guy's my buddy dave and I both have these ESC's and programming cards and all we can get them to do is this?? I am running it in my 36 inch twister cat on two 3s lipos in series. will be fast end weight is 8 pounds. anyway. what is the trick with these cards. are we doing something wrong????? could use some help figuring this out. I did program thru the radio. but would like to be able to switch timing pond side with the card. Thanks Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images

You should have them plugged into the right side input on the card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

the card is plugged into the right side of the card. all that happens is the esc beeps. from the transmitter all works as it suppose to. so how can both our cards be bad???

Do you wait for a few seconds to see if anything happens?
    I can't remember but I think I used to have to wait a few moments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

^^^^^^^^
    What he said.

Also, double check that the polarity is correct, I have been doing this for a few years and occasionally I still plug in wrong.
    Observe the sequence from the instruction: connect the "trio" wire first to the card then the main power lines, and WAIT.
    Did you alter anything? meaning if you are running an external receiver pack and have thus pulled the red pin out?

That said, I rarely use the main lipo pack when I program, it makes me uncomfortable. I use a receiver pack ( four AA battery in a plastic case from old time Futaba AM tx set). The sequence has to be observed : the ESC's "trio" wire has to be plugged in first to the program box on the top right, THEN the wire from the receiver pack to the middle port . Takes a few seconds for the windows to light up on the box.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

My Bad,
    I didn't really look at your picture closely. Are you using the "trio" wire to connect to the box? On the V3, you are not suppossed to use that wire out of the ESC to connect to the box, there is a three pin port, you need to use a special male to male wire for programing, otherwise the box is not usable.

Make sure your batteries are plugged in with the in/off switch in off position. Plug the card in and turn the switch on.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    My Bad,
    I didn't really look at your picture closely. Are you using the "trio" wire to connect to the box? On the V3, you are not suppossed to use that wire out of the ESC to connect to the box, there is a three pin port, you need to use a special male to male wire for programing, otherwise the box is not usable.
    This !
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Yep you need to get the male to male extension, this plugs into the three pins that are between the black motor wires coming out of the esc.

LOL!!! Thanks guy's. now I know why it did not work. called dave and told him. this is his first scratch built boat. now I can race him. video tomorrow. you all have a great weekend. Daves boat. it is so cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool, so you guys have two of these identical hulls? What's the set up ( motor, kv, prop)

my setup is a TP 4060 9y on two 3s 60c zippy in series and starting with a 38mm cnc prop from offshore. dave has a hotter setup. I will let him talk about his boat. we do plan to race once we get them up and running. the hull is all 1/8 hard balsa and the trans is plywood with metal backing for support. total weight is 8.35 pounds. very cool boats. if you want plans email me. I do this for fun and will share. this winter I will build a 36 inch f1 tunnel. next off my bench is a MHz silverhook. love this boat.

Sounds awesome!
    Thanks for the kind and generous offering of you plans, I wish I have the talent and ability to scratch build, but I don't.
    Post some videos of you and your friends boat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8U3BisOOs

it runs great. very windy today.