Thread: Leo 4092 1480k on stock esc?

Default Leo 4092 1480k on stock esc?

I have a spartan with all the cooling mods done I went run last summer on the 4th of July before dropped it in the water plugged batterys in on gave the test rudder works and gave throttle and nothing but jogging so did some research and determined that the motor was bad haven't gotten around to fixing it yet now that summer is coming again I gotta an itch to run it agian So my question is will a Leo 4092 1480k work with the stock esc and still run cool enough or do I need a different esc and if so which one thank in advance

Just because the rudder works, doesn't mean the esc is good and motor is bad.
    The Leo 4092 is way too much for stock esc.
    Get a seaking 180 esc and the Leo motor and you will be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Yeah I know that I did bench test the motor and esc with other motor and even with the other esc motor did same thing and stock esc with other motor it worked I
    like it should

Default Leo 4092 1480k on stock esc?

Dude, I can barely understand you.
    Still, the stock esc isn't enough for Leo 4092

Last edited by Luck as a Constant; 04-29-2015 at 03:51 PM.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Sorry for the confusion, I did a test with another brushless setup, and in doing so I make it sure it wasn't everything that was bad. I confirmed that it was the motor and not the esc. Is there any other motor esc combination that would be better than the 4092 and seaking 180? As for the 4092 isthe 1480k a good choice or should I go with something different

There are tons of motors to put in there. Depends on budget, but the Leo motor is the most budget friendly.
    You could use a swordfish 220 esc, which is more affordable than the t180 these days

I talking about proven reliable motors of course. At least to my knowledge

The Leo 4082 1600kv would be bullet proof with the stock esc, providing you don't go over board on the prop. Use the stock prop 42x59 plastic or metal. Have fun.

That's good to know thanks for input
    Last edited by Matt Lucking; 04-29-2015 at 10:08 PM.

What. The..... Huh?