Thread: 2015 Atlanta Spring Nationals Results

Default 2015 Atlanta Spring Nationals Results

Here are the results fellas.
    We want to thank everyone for making the trip and enduring the less than stellar weather.
    I sincerely hope you had as much fun as we did.
    Special thanks to Rick & Christine Bellinger,James Clegg, Wendy Morton,& Sondra Smock.
    You guys did an excellent job in the tower!!!

Many thanks to our class sponsors.
    Steven Vaccaro and Offshore Electrics
    Chris Hoffman and Dasboata Props
    Ron Shaw and NovaRossi USA

Doug
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 04-20-2015 at 11:59 PM.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Not sure where to post this so here seems about right. Now that I'm semi coherent........like most times. Hey, semi coherent is as good as I get. It's a work in progress.

The Atlanta gang did a super job on this event. Some likely killed themselves to make it fly but that's pretty common. That's the desire to be a good host that some can't contain. They'll be cooked for a while and then they'll sign up to do it again. It doesn't come natural for everyone. That's okay BTW. Doug had a kind of Aladin "geenieeeee of da laamp" thing going on. Those with kids know. "POOF! whada you need? POOF! whada you need?" He's one of them there host types. He can't help himself. I found this strangely amusing. Not sure why.

Some have heard me use the terms "nitroll" and occasionally "gashole" haha. This gang has none of the above as far as I could tell. Maybe some "fossils" but none of the others. On the first day the contest officials asked the racers if they wanted to hit it hard or try to pace ourselves. All I could think is "what ever works for you". Kind of ya to ask though.

The weather sucked but only part of the time. Nobody really missed a beat. There was no controversy of any kind that I saw or heard. Good people, good racing, and good fun. 3G racing.

Overall I head a great time. Put this one on your travel radar. You wont be sorry.
    Noisy person

Thanks for the kind words Terry. Yes, you and Tom traveled a long way. I wanted to make sure you enjoyed yourselves. Sorry about the weather, if I could have done something about that, I would have.LOL
    In the 20+years the site has been there the club has never experienced that much rain before and during a race.

Glad you had a great time, we did too. Looking forward to some intense racing at the Cup!
    I'll be posting pics here as I get the blood out of my eyes. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ring-Nationals

D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

A great event and wonderful people. The rain couldn't put a damper on our fun. Many thanks to Doug and the entire group in Atlanta. Thanks for hosting such a great event.
    Caution: Does not play well with others!