Thread: pushrod seal

Default pushrod seal

Wanted to know if any one knows where to get a pushrod seal for the spartan? The blue doesn't go with my boat and not sure if you can dye or paint the original. And if anyone knows the size rod?

I don't have the Spartan, are you saying that you don't like blue?
    From what I can tell the blue one is actually good quality, better than some of the black ones you see, they are really thin and after a season, it is best to replace them as I see cracks all over them. Painting will not work, we usually use 2-20 or 4-40 push rods and they should all fit the bellows.

On this site there are actually more choices:http://www.kintecracing.com/Linkage_O3KP.html
    Just keep pulling down the page and you will see them.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I saw one somewhere that had been dyed. It had to be done more than once because the blue is really blue.... lol
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

I use 1/8" plastic tubing like the airplane guys have. I just bend the rudder to servo wire for friction free operation and fill it with grease and never leaks. The tubing is clear or smoke looking. I use no connectors, just a wire bender.

Can u post a pic of what u did norwest? I bought the speed master 5 inc offset rudder and my pushrod is to small and just trying to figure out a quick solution. I'm not sure I want to keep it though I have heard good and bad info about the 5 inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    Can u post a pic of what u did norwest? I bought the speed master 5 inc offset rudder and my pushrod is to small and just trying to figure out a quick solution. I'm not sure I want to keep it though I have heard good and bad info about the 5 inc.
    Hey Dominick,

I'm running the same setup it sounds. I also wanted to swap out the blue boot for a red or different color. I have the stock boot on, but here is my push rod setup. The 5inch works great and turns on a dime! I love it!!

IMG_3442.jpg