Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the non believers.......

Default For the non believers.......

I was told that there was doubt that my mono really went 90mph. In honesty, I don't believe it much myself and I've had to watch my video about 20 times lol. It was said that I don't do the video from start to finish with the gps zerod out. Understandable. Some guys on here know me and some don't really. So hey I guess I can't blame you. One dude said I must be putting my gps in my car, going fast and then putting it in my boat. Ok. Lol. I really have time to do all that shenanigans. Anyway, here's proof

Last edited by kfxguy; 04-17-2015 at 11:57 PM.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

looked fast to me even without the GPS. Can't believe you had to justify it. Bet someone will still say it is fake lol
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

I think his secret to running fast is the rocks he sets his boats on. IDK
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Heath M View Post
    looked fast to me even without the GPS. Can't believe you had to justify it. Bet someone will still say it is fake lol
    They can all they want, it's not and I have nothing more to prove. It was said that I wasn't doing videos from start to finish. Now I did. It went faster than last time because of the Dasboata prop. Picked up a solid 1mph. Not bad in my my book. The water was even too calm. It likes a little ripple or chop. Usually loses 2-3 mph in glass smooths and isn't as stable in glass.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Obviously fake.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Obviously fake.
    Especially since I have revo batteries. Lol.

It's that dirt water hooks up better Ha Ha
    --Albert Einstein

The 4 seconds after 54 seconds into the vid .
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rearwheelin View Post
    The 4 seconds after 54 seconds into the vid .
    The splash?

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    The splash?
    Yes it's what you said lol
    --Albert Einstein

I know I lost my train of thought when I attempted to be a smarta$$ about hatch tape. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by rearwheelin View Post
    Yes it's what you said lol

That was my son

For now on that's going to be my saying for good luck ! LMAO !
    --Albert Einstein

Ok I thought it was you at first
    --Albert Einstein

Be looking for a thread here shortly. I do a back to back run of my prop and Dasboata prop. All in one video, uncut. I even throw the boat in and didn't plug it in. Had to run grab the recovery real quick and get it. Pretty cool.

They can all they want, it's not and I have nothing more to prove. It was said that I wasn't doing videos from start to finish. Now I did. It went faster than last time because of the Dasboata prop. Picked up a solid 1mph. Not bad in my my book. The water was even too calm. It likes a little ripple or chop. Usually loses 2-3 mph in glass smooths and isn't as stable in glass.
    I think every boat likes a little ripple or chop. Less friction if there are small pockets of air the boat rides over.
    All my boats have anyways. Hydros, monos, cats etc...

Nice run bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Obviously fake.
    Ditto

LOL, I haven't seen any of the grilling you may have got buddy but you've put alot of time and patience into setup and that is what it takes to get good numbers. Tweak-try it- tweak.... LMT and MGM help but it can be done. And once one gets it figured out other setups get easier.

That thing is flying congrads, don't worry about the none believers, you only need to prove it to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Ditto

LOL, I haven't seen any of the grilling you may have got buddy but you've put alot of time and patience into setup and that is what it takes to get good numbers. Tweak-try it- tweak.... LMT and MGM help but it can be done. And once one gets it figured out other setups get easier.

It started with my Rivercat. It was said that because I'm not showing gps zeroed and ran with an uncut video then it could be fudged. Then someone told me that there was more speculation and doubt with this boat. My reputation and credibility means a lot to me.

You worry too much on what others say.
    You built it, You make it haul a$$.
    You made me want one.
    You will be building me a slightly slower one.... lol
    When you built me my RiverCat I was kind of amazed that it could go 77mph, and that was a smaller setup than this fancy German motor and MGM stuff you are running. When you were building my RiverCat I was thinking to my self about how you could make it go fast. I was close to calling it off but glad I did not.

You also bought a boat from Pro-Boat (Shockwave) that is supposed to hit 30mph "with optional upgrades" and made it do 53mph+.

You have done well with these little boats.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

I'm gonna have to go with Rearwheelin, I think it's somethin' in that dirty ass Louisiana Bayou water...... or maybe he had Marie Laveau come put some kinda Voodoo Monkey Hex on it!!

You guys are funny lmao!

Had a little snafu today on 6s....

image.jpg

That's what happens at warp speed......"she can't take no more captain".......lol

Great vids, keep it up.

Well there's a lot of story to this that I must tell to be clear on what happened. Boils down to being my fault really. Post back later.

Had a little snafu today on 6s....

image.jpg
    Ooh,, Ouch

I have had a few myself Travis, a couple of them just completely 'what was I thinking'

I think what happened is all the passes with it having a 648 on it may have took a toll on it. I dunno. It's worked flawless until the morning. Put it in the water on 6s and took off. Cut out. Like what? Then it went again. Cut out. Hmmm. Then it started going again and I turned it around and headed back to me. Cut out. I should have not kept trying to make it go I guess. At this point I wasn't sure what's going on. I've made no changes. So I pull the trigger a little once again to get it to shore....lunges forward for a second then stops. It just sits there. Then I hear some sizzling noises. Not good. A little smoke make sits way out about the time it goes pop! So it finishes floating in and I pulled the hatch off afraid of what I might see. Well here's what I saw....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We all do it, occasionally we get side tracked or excited, or stupid, some of us admit to it, some profess perfection, but we learn from it...at lest I feel better knowing its not just me that does the odd crazy thing.

I'm not quite sure why it's posting my pics sideways. Anyway. If you re watch my video above, you'll notice it cut out when I turn around. That's not me, it cut out. Guess there was a earring right there. My new prop may be more pitch that this setup can handle. Maybe I should have read the log on it last night. Might have told me something. Dasboata asked me what my temps were like. I didn't feel anything warm except my battery wires and connectors. Just warm tho, not hot. Well you live and you learn. I've proved my point. I could but a higher amp Esc and keep going but the sensible thing at this point to do is back it down and just drive it like I had planned. My Rivercat is pretty much done so if I want to go fast, I'm sure that will give me my fix. My stuff is on the back burner now for a bit. I've got other builds for people to finish up. I have a spare Esc like this one but I'm not chancing it. I'll use it in a less draggy hull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast