Thread: need help with spartan

Default need help with spartan

I have the newer version of the spartan and it's fun but want to start upgradin it. i run 2×5000 3s traxxas batteries.It has some cooling upgrades and a cnc aluminum prop to replace the stock one. I think it's the same pitch just aluminum. Not really sure. It also has the water jacket for the motor. I was wanting to get the speedmaster duel water pickup rutter but wasn't sure how long and what offset is best for this boat. I want to get the leopard 4082 and a sk 180. Not sure on everything so any advice is much appreciated. I also wanted to replace the drive and stut.

Also wanted to get a new strut and was looking at the speed master stinger adjustable. What would I need to make that work? Drive line?? where do you purchase wholt drives and is there on that would be a direct fit? Please any help!!

Steve sells the upgrade strut & drive shaft here in his shop. A direct fit. No need to even change the mounting bracket for the strut.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=ose-C-1405

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    Where do you purchase wholt drives and is there one that would be a direct fit? Please any help!!
    http://www.rcraceboat.com/
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

I have a dual inlet rudder for the spartan. It is a direct bolt on to replace the original if you are interested and the upgrade to a 4082 1600kv is the way to go. The boat set up correctly will be pretty fast. You must watch your temperatures and make sure you do not over prop or you will melt things. I ran spartans for a long time they are a lot of fun set up properly.

Thx for the info I appreciate it. Just wanted to make sure before I bought anything do I need the adj strut? I all so see a lot of people talking about a holt drive shaft? I will be doing the motor up grade and esc so just want to get the best set up the first time. What is the best prop to run with the stock setup. Thx again for all the help!

We have a guy running the original motor with a Seaking 180A spinning a Prather s215 prop & it is a rocket on 6s.
    Maybe try that first & if that's not fast enough for you then try a replacement motor. Might save you a few bucks. for a while at least.

Where can I purchase that prop? Is your buddy still using the stock strut and drive?

I found the prop thx. Is it hard to balance? I have never balancedue one before.

The spartan came with a 4inc offset rudder is that the best size? They sell a 5inc and was wondering if that would be better?