Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My latest Hydro project 1986 U-100 Boat

Looking good, it's amazing how you can whip up something so fast, yup, I always likes the way you made these wood stands, got three of them.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

*looking at nails while chuckling*

Yep, us Seattle guys are pretty, well, ya know.....

BADA** at building hydros.

Well, everyone but me at least :)

lol

Progress today includes staining the stand and drilling the holes in the transom for the strut, tube for the push rod, the rudder mount and water inlet. Also drilled holes for the antenna tube mount and water outlet. Found a couple of more areas that needed a little filler so fixed that. about 10 mins of sanding and she will be ready for sealing.

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    Got some done this weekend though only got one day to work on it due to a washing machine that needed repairing Saturday. Anyway I got the stand made and worked on the cowl some more.

Looks like the cowl and resin bits I sent are working out OK. It will be interesting to see how that old Dave Frank design works with today's power.

Yup Doug thank you very much those parts saved me a bunch of time. One more coat of epoxy to seal the hull and I can glue the cowl on and be ready for paint. Definately going to start off with an air dam undernieth it
    Billy Graham

This is GREAT Jim. Let me know if you need anything.

What a transformation.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

That looks awesome Jim. Ditto on the transformation. I should really finish the 29" one I cut parts out for long ago.... So many wood boats to build, so little time...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hey Jim, who is the maker of the driver and merlin exhaust stacks you're using on your 1986 Boat rebuild and if you have any contact info for them thanks Chuck D-19

Doug Campbell in post 34

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Billy Graham

Got my last few parts from OSE and picked up paint last night. Hopefully get it ready for paint this week and start painting late in the week
    Billy Graham

Lightning and drainage holes in the hatch cover. There will also be a nice piece of foam inserted inside the cowl for flotation also. tomorrow should be the last coat of thined epoxy for sealing the hull and then in a couple of days a light sanding and cleaning and she is ready for paint.

Billy Graham

Looks really really great!

Got the boat sealed today, Added the weather stripping to the stand and added the rope straps to the stand finishing the stand. Drilled the hole in the driver for the nylon threaded post and started painting the driver.

Billy Graham

Windshield is made and more paint on the driver. Man painting the driver freehand is the hardest part of this build i am just not steady enough for it.

Billy Graham

Gave up trying to find a servo mount so I made one

Billy Graham

Driver is finished being painted. Also finished sanding the hull, resealed part of the hull and after drying just a light sanding and it is ready for primer.

Billy Graham

Primer is on. Now of course a huge crain fly comes and lands on the top of my sponson. So I am sure there will be a little more sanding and one more coat of primer tomorrow.
    Crane_fly_halteres.jpg

Billy Graham

Plan is to get the paint done this weekend. But I just got a new 150-600mm lens so playing with that may happen instead.
    Billy Graham

Paint al;most done

Billy Graham

Paint almost done Hull has clearcoat and cowl will shortly

Billy Graham

Ok I know I have said it before but I hate rattle cans and runny clearcoat
    Billy Graham

how is the painting going Jim ??
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

The paint was fine just having problems with the bottom and runs. Going to sand it down again and lay it down and clear the bottom again

Billy Graham

Jim, if you need them, I have two touch-up sized paint guns and one larger one that you can borrow anytime.

Also, after you shoot on a good primer, you might want to look into the Auto Air Colors available at Wesco Auto Paint Supplies here in Renton. 4oz premixed bottles are only about $9.00 and it goes on very nicely with a water cleanup. Then shoot with PPG Clear...

Actually, for just WHITE paint... I usually just shoot clear over my primer...

I will get it Darin thanks for the offer. I have a touch up gun though I have never used it done most of my painting with my airbrush. This one is rattlecans.

Billy Graham

Clearcoat finally done. letting it sit a while before I rub out a few areas and hopefully put on the graphics?
    Billy Graham

a little more progress

Billy Graham

Very nice as always!!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Jim good to see your still on the project.
    I'll get your decals out soon then you can finish this and get it in the water!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

That boat is looking AMAZING!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast