Thread: .187 flex shaft problem...

Default .187 flex shaft problem...

So I made the jump to go with the .187 HD flex shaft and it seems like without the Teflon liner it will be too loose. Is this ok?

" Do you really need anouther boat "
    YEP!

Yes. You could use a strut bushing at the end to center it if you wanted to. You don't have to be I recommend it.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

You don't have any problems with vibration or wiping of the flex shaft? I will try to dig up a bushing of some sort...I was just wondering how you keep the water out and the grease in? Post pictures of your impulse 31's with the .187 flex shafts installed.
    YEP!

So nobody has any pictures....
    YEP!

I've had this setup for 2+ years. I do not have issues with water leakage as long as I frequently grease the thing. It does make a lot of noise, but it runs great.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephavee View Post
    So nobody has any pictures....
    Sold mine. What I do is make a 1" long bushing out of brass that slips over the flex with no slack. Then solder it in the end of your stuffing tube or use loctite or permatex sleeve retainer.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

More importantly is that the shaft is under sized. I had trouble getting my coupler to hold when I got one like that. Had a heck of a time figuring out what was wrong with it.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    More importantly is that the shaft is under sized. I had trouble getting my coupler to hold when I got one like that. Had a heck of a time figuring out what was wrong with it.
    O dang. Didn't see the shaft measurement. Not good! It might be ok in low power situations, anything other than that it's probably gonna slip.

Most 3/16 flex cable will not measure 0.1875". its usually under by a few thousandths.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray, remember that P Wildthing I used to run? Kept spinning the shafts in it. That was the problem.
    Noisy person