Thread: Octura Flex Shaft

Default Octura Flex Shaft

I just recieved a couple unassembled flex shafts from OffShore Electrics to use on our 2 SuperVees. I noticed that the propeller shaft is much shorter than the original SuperVee shaft. Is there still enough shaft in the bushing for proper support. The original shaft had about 2 1/2 in. in the bushing while the Octura is only 1 1/8 in. I'm not sure how long the bushing is. Thanks.

I dont think there will be a problem with that, the stock bushing is probably long enough if its supporting that longer shaft, I use the octura shafts as well, they are much shorter than the hughey shafts that I was using and they work fine.

No worries, there are LOTS of these in sv's all over the world. Less shaft, less friction. On the sv the shorter shaft is also a plus because with the stock shaft and strut, the shaft minimizes the amount of angle you can put into the strut.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Oh, I forgot. When assembling the cable make sure everything is grease/oil free.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Thanks Steven. I'm going to use Loctite 603 to assemble the cable to the propeller shaft. Whats the best way to cut the flex shaft? Thanks again.

I used a dremel with cutoff wheel, works great. that loctite is unreal how well it works. I bought that and some primer from my local distributer and it was about 45.00. Kinda steep but after I used it, well worth the bucks. I havent tinned the ends of my shafts yet I think I need a hotter iron.

i have the cable from her, in my sv27, and it helps soo much with angle adjustments
    restoring the collection

To attest to longevity. I have run the OSE upgrade cable and shaft since day one. I have had no issues what so ever of any kind with it.