Thread: Matching batteries question

Default Matching batteries question

Bought some almost new nano tech 4400mah 60 to 130c 3s lipos. By turnagy on another forum. I want one more. Went to HK To find they were 51 bucks. Really don't know what the deal is what the deal nano tech technology. And to tell you the truth I don't care to. All I know is that they perform the same and I can get a reg turnagy 3s 5000mah 60c at half the price. Question is can I combine the reg and new nano tech. Together to make 6s? Is the mah difference of 600mqh going to be a issue?
    Doesn't matter, real or RC, boats are just a hole in the water where you throw your cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Bought some almost new nano tech 4400mah 60 to 130c 3s lipos. By turnagy on another forum. I want one more. Went to HK To find they were 51 bucks. Really don't know what the deal is what the deal nano tech technology. And to tell you the truth I don't care to. All I know is that they perform the same and I can get a reg turnagy 3s 5000mah 60c at half the price. Question is can I combine the reg and new nano tech. Together to make 6s? Is the mah difference of 600mqh going to be a issue?
    I highly recommend using matched batteries.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I highly recommend using matched batteries.
    Thanks. That's all I need to know. I take your recommendation. It just kills me to spend that much more on batteries that I really don't see anything that would justify the price difference. Thanks again.
    Doesn't matter, real or RC, boats are just a hole in the water where you throw your cash.

Just buy the 6s you need new in the lower rating.
    I try and avoid paste eaters.

Thanks. That's all I need to know. I take your recommendation. It just kills me to spend that much more on batteries that I really don't see anything that would justify the price difference. Thanks again.
    I know it's tempting. I'm not going to tell you I haven't mixed them, I have but that was in an rc car, much lower amp draw situation. I wouldn't chance in a boat I value at all. If something happens and it stops in the water on fire, chances are it'll be a total loss. We had a rc car catch Fire last week, grabbed the garden hose and doused it. We only lost the esc.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

e

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Just buy the 6s you need new in the lower rating.
    In a lower rating? How low?

In a lower rating? How low?
    He meant the discharge rate has to match, and one needs to look at the lower number rather than the burst rate.
    In general, as said, it is highly advisable that the capacity and discharge rate all match WITHIN the same brand. Just saying.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Yep unmatched, different discharge rates, take out out esc's ,battery...potential