Thread: Infrared heaters.

Default Infrared heaters.

This is almost comical to me, a new business moved in next door and they are selling infrared heaters. I had an opportunity to look inside one and it consists of a halogen 110V bulb inside an aluminum tube approx. 2" with a small computer size fan blowing over it. They sell 5 or 6 a day at $350-$500 a pop, depending on the cabinet. How many stupid people are there in this country?

Hmm, with what we pay for natural gas (at least here in Michigan) I kinda wish I could convert over to electric heat and hot water. I dont know what these units you speak of are exactly for but I dont think they would do anything much but keep something from freezing... maybe!

lol, I can see it now, throw out your energy saving CFL lights and upgrade to heat producing halogen bulbs. for $5 more you can get the amazing halogen skillet, throw out your primitive gas stove for the heat wave of the future....sunglasses are recommended.
    BOATS CAN FLY AND SHOULD!

Halogens are used for a variaty of things. I do know thay are used for saltwater aquariums and the simple light fixture with bulb goes for about 150$ Its the bulb thats spendy....
    Twin cat 9xl,... 29 titan 8xl,....37 in mono kb48 8xl.... 42 in twin elc cat project... 42 in gasser cat 260 modded zenoh''' planes and trucks....

that depends, I've got two 500w halogen floodlights, that basically light up an entire yard(like it's daytime) for $50.

Back in my youth lol, we used to heat up pizza using them. You could actually make them well done and in fact one not so bright friend left a slice on too long and it lit on fire.

heating and such with halogens works, but it's like shooting a chipmunk with a 12gauge. just not very appropriate.
    Last edited by Quicksilver; 09-21-2008 at 09:37 PM.
    BOATS CAN FLY AND SHOULD!