Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seaking T180 cuts out at full throttle?????

That thing is hauling!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    Ha, was watching the video and recognised the pond at Wattle Downs.
    Yes it is its very hard to film and operate

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    That thing is hauling!
    That means a lot coming from you.....It is I would get more speed with a longer run as the cut out takes over a 1/4 of the pond up.

So does anyone have any ideas from my crap video....

Sounds like "miss firing" more than cutting out. Did you unplug the red wire?
    If you did all the suggested measures, may be it is the combination of relatively high kv with 6s and the electronics having hiccups?? The sound reminds me of my Lizard Xtreme, although I have it on 4s2p with only a Leopard 4o82/2000kv, that particular ESC (same as yours) was involved in a total submersion albeit no damage was found at the time. It will always cut out and I changed my radio and was the same thing.
    Not suggesting your ESC has had any similar fate but rather that the electronics may be at fault. The only way to verify and narrow down the cause is to swap out the ESC with a known problem-free one.
    May be your external BEC is at fault???
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Sounds like "miss firing" more than cutting out. Did you unplug the red wire?
    If you did all the suggested measures, may be it is the combination of relatively high kv with 6s and the electronics having hiccups?? The sound reminds me of my Lizard Xtreme, although I have it on 4s2p with only a Leopard 4o82/2000kv, that particular ESC (same as yours) was involved in a total submersion albeit no damage was found at the time. It will always cut out and I changed my radio and was the same thing.
    Not suggesting your ESC has had any similar fate but rather that the electronics may be at fault. The only way to verify and narrow down the cause is to swap out the ESC with a known problem-free one.
    May be your external BEC is at fault???
    Classic do you know anyone who can tune it? Do you think I should give it a hit on the back to fix the hiccups? Yes I did unplug the red wire, I shall have to find a spare one to try out

I'd try what tlandaur said. Maybe back it down to 5s and use internal bec. You may have hurt the external bec with the back feeding. Those be a have worked well for me but I'm sure you can get a bad one sooner or later.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I'd try what tlandaur said. Maybe back it down to 5s and use internal bec. You may have hurt the external bec with the back feeding. Those be a have worked well for me but I'm sure you can get a bad one sooner or later.
    I think it is just a bad one as it has been doing it from day one, I got up early this morning to try it on 5s with the internal one run then only the external for one run and still the same, I will look for a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by boatbandit2 View Post
    Classic do you know anyone who can tune it? Do you think I should give it a hit on the back to fix the hiccups? Yes I did unplug the red wire, I shall have to find a spare one to try out
    If I could tune my boats the way I tune my cello, my boats will be a lot faster and you will see all the records that I would have broken.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by boatbandit2 View Post
    I think it is just a bad one as it has been doing it from day one, I got up early this morning to try it on 5s with the internal one run then only the external for one run and still the same, I will look for a replacement.
    If you want, send it back to me. I have another one for my sons boat I can send you. I'll just pick another one up for him before I finish his build.

Hello guys,

Apologies to post on an old thread, but I just need to ask. I am new to RC Boating, so wanting to know how do you actually use/wire/install an external BEC to your boat?

Jimmy, you really need to start a new thread if you want many answers. Resurrected old threads sometimes do not get much traffic, and your question has little to do with the topic title..

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12