Thread: Just put my blackjack29 leopard engine need help with prop size

Default Just put my blackjack29 leopard engine need help with prop size

I just got my blackjack 29 inch I put a leopard 4074 2000kv 4 pole with a seeking 180 amp electric speed controller running 6s which prop would be recommended for best speed with This build which mm etc
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does anyone have a answer to this question I have the same prob

Don't know why you want to run 6s with a 2000kv motor but I'm thinking an x440/x442
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Don't know why you want to run 6s with a 2000kv motor but I'm thinking an x440/x442
    I agree! here is what I typed two days ago but didn't post because I thought I was being too long winded:
    Is this a new boat? why don't you run the stock set up till you are more familiar with the boat?
    Not saying that it can't be done, but to start on 6s with 2000kv, you should expect to start with a prop on the small side like a 440, certainly no bigger than 42mm, IMO.
    I have never run anything from 2000kv on with 6s, 5s was the most I did. I like to have a margin of comfort for myself. You are asking quite a bit from your components. People who know how to tune their boats do it, but whether it is a success or failure has so much to do with tuning and having a wide disposition of props at hand and knowing how to adjust the strut.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 03-07-2015 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Just so I can know why wouldn't u run a 6s on a 2000kv motor ? After which kv till which kv motor u recommend a 6s I've had tv boats before but always left it stock it gained a few mph after I did the swap and adjusted the strut

What's going on here

Alexito da barber
    And
    Alexbarber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexbarber View Post
    Just so I can know why wouldn't u run a 6s on a 2000kv motor ? After which kv till which kv motor u recommend a 6s I've had tv boats before but always left it stock it gained a few mph after I did the swap and adjusted the strut
    You can. Just a bit high on the rpm for sport running. Gonna have short run times but very fast.

For 6s 1400-1600 is good

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    What's going on here

Alexito da barber
    And
    Alexbarber

Same guy, I think there was no response and he changed his user name..

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Same guy, I think there was no response and he changed his user name..

Same guy I accidently forgot my other email pw so I just made a account with my regular email

Quote Originally Posted by Alexbarber View Post
    Same guy I accidently forgot my other email pw so I just made a account with my regular email
    Wecome!

Thanks bud any one know the shaft size of the black jack 39 how do I search for a x440 x442 online which will fit my boat I dont wanna order one then it doesn't fit on the shaft, thanks again

3/16, you need to get balanced/sharpened props, not the raw ones. I cant see on my phone if they are instock or not.
    Dasboata (Chris Hoffman) isba great guy to ask for props service. You can PM him as well.

Where can I just for inventory websites or eBay

?? What u thibk
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is very similar to the v3 set up I run m642

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_3_0_5 View Post
    This is very similar to the v3 set up I run m642
    Which is ur set up? Am trying to get the most mph possible of course running the strut etc mines is also a v3

I got a question many say a x442 but I seen ppl put a x442 on a stock blackjack29 mines has a hobbywing 180a esc and a leopard 4074 2000kv which I've read it revs a higher rpm than the stock proboat set up I don't wanna order a x442 prop if it isn't going to do as well as a x445 prop I need help before I purchase this prop I know it has to be balanced and etc I just want to know which mm will be great for a top speed. Thanks

The stock BJ29 turns at a lot lower rpms when run with factory settings, 4s lipo, so it can spin an x445, you are turning a lot more rpms. You are running a high amp draw setup and will be pushing that 180a ESC hard with an x445, x442 is all I would go if it were mine, and that's on the large size for your setup too.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

M440 prop.

The stock blavkjack v3 comes with a 2000 kv and I run it on 6s with a m642
    If your not into S&B a prop buy a couple cnc props
    I have a x442 and it didn't do much better then the stock prop maybe even lost a mph or two
    I put the m642 and broke the shaft during testing the highest I hit was 50.4 but the shaft broke so I know there is more there

He didn't mention V3 so I assumed it was the older standard one.

Yes I have the new v3 I gps it today it ran 52.1mph with stock prop mr305 I leave in Miami lakes let me know if u wanna gather up and ride sometimes I also have a brother with a spartan. If anyone can send me a link on where I can find those props I'll highly appreciate it

Is this a 1.6 pitch would this be a good prop? http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=cnc-4214250

To the best of my knowledge, these a CNC props have 1.4 pitch.

More like x 442

Because u have a 180 a esc a m445,x642,Prather ss220 all would be good props on 5s or less batteries. If u want to go fast (above 50ish) buy a bigger more reinforce hull or do it yourself. That hull as is won't take to many 60+ crashes because ask anyone on here cats sooner or later pushed to hard end up upside down.

I would say a reduced down X445 also the pic you showed us,, is Right hand rotation,, I have the X445 in stock and can do up a race prop for you PM me if interested thanks chris