Thread: Cajun Commander---Size Does Matter: A bigger scale air boat from AquaCraft!!

Thumbs up Cajun Commander---Size Does Matter: A bigger scale air boat from AquaCraft!!

Saw this Air boat.jpg

I think this time I am going to get one. The electric one that has been available was just too small for me.
    http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../aqub5722.html
    Last edited by tlandauer; 03-02-2015 at 01:48 AM. Reason: add picture
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Nice.................V8 and all!!

Looks very scale, all except the gloss to the camo.............
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Nice.................V8 and all!!

Looks very scale, all except the gloss to the camo.............
    I agree, wish there is another paint scheme. You can't even take it off, it;s painted, do they have flat clear paint?

That is totally cool. Very first R/C I saw was a swamp buggy. It was gas and running on a dew covered soccer field. Think I was 6.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    I agree, wish there is another paint scheme. You can't even take it off, it;s painted, do they have flat clear paint?
    Krylon makes a flat clear. Used it on some of my military model rockets with great success. Doesn't seem to yellow in time either.

There is also Testor's Dullcote but I don't particularly care for it as it tends to yellow over time.

This looks like a really cool boat. The lights look really cool and I would imagine running this thing in the dark would be awesome. Too bad I just converted my Mini Alligator Tours to a brushless setup.

Yeah, like has been said already, there is clear in satin and matte

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...9087/100670439
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by DBJr View Post
    Krylon makes a flat clear. Used it on some of my military model rockets with great success. Doesn't seem to yellow in time either.

There is also Testor's Dullcote but I don't particularly care for it as it tends to yellow over time.

This looks like a really cool boat. The lights look really cool and I would imagine running this thing in the dark would be awesome. Too bad I just converted my Mini Alligator Tours to a brushless setup.
    Wow, how is the mini Aligator? I didn't get it but toyed with the idea that should I get it I would have put a BL motor in it.
    Thanks for the info on the paint. I don't paint much but i remember the Testor turned yellow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Yeah, like has been said already, there is clear in satin and matte

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...9087/100670439
    Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Wow, how is the mini Aligator? I didn't get it but toyed with the idea that should I get it I would have put a BL motor in it.
    It's a lot of fun.

I've got an Align 3550kv motor, an APC 5x5 prop and a Castle Thunderbird 54A ESC and I'm currently running a 1300 mah 2S lipo. Definitely faster with this setup compared with the stock brushed setup even with the mild 2S.

I could probably stuff a 1500 mah pack in there if I really worked at it. Anything bigger would have to ride on the outside of the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by DBJr View Post
    It's a lot of fun.

I've got an Align 3550kv motor, an APC 5x5 prop and a Castle Thunderbird 54A ESC and I'm currently running a 1300 mah 2S lipo. Definitely faster with this setup compared with the stock brushed setup even with the mild 2S.

I could probably stuff a 1500 mah pack in there if I really worked at it. Anything bigger would have to ride on the outside of the boat.
    Sounds great, now I wish I had one, will wait for this one definitely

Yup I've seen this, I'm thinkin' I'm gonna have to get one. The new lake the club is moving to has some marshy areas that this would run great on!

Watched a few videos of this on Youtube. Looks like a barrel of monkeys (and also looks like it works better than my home made ducted fan boat).

I got one of these coming it has no ESC and the stock one is a boat 50amp esc but I have a 45 amp waterproof car ESC that I will have to try and see if it will work for it.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Any suggestions for a brushless motor upgrade? I just picked one up cheap because stock motor was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan View Post
    Any suggestions for a brushless motor upgrade? I just picked one up cheap because stock motor was bad.
    I would say that if you could pick up another stock motor for cheap, I would go that route. The stock motor is 1800kv and the prop is a 9x7 3 blade which is really all you need for this boat. At full throttle, it can be a bit much to handle at times.

Anything much higher than 1800kv and I think you will have considerable difficulty keeping the thing on the water.
    Current boats
    Aquacraft Cajun Commander, Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours - brushless, ProBoat Blackjack 9, ProBoat Impulse 9, ProBoat Recoil 17, ProBoat Blackjack 24, ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3

Picked one up last week and the kid and I tested it out in the snow at the park. Both of us had a smile from ear to ear. The first thing that went was the crappy servo, so I threw in a 68oz and it supplies more than enough power. The motor puts out plenty of speed, so much so that its almost hard to control at full throttle.

The lights supplied are dim at best so I replaced all 12 and now they run off a 9v batt. and are super bright and makes it much easier to run at night. All in all its not a bad little air boat.