Thread: Anyone using the new tactic ttx300 radio?

Default Anyone using the new tactic ttx300 radio?

i have 1 boat. its fiberglass but i put cf in it.
    are these new ones good to go?
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=dh-tacj0300
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

As long as its not all carbon, you should be OK.

I picked one up a few weeks ago to try out, but the waters still frozen.

I use an old Tactic on my Carbon/Kevlar hull with no issues.

FYI..this new radio is not backwards compatible with the older Tactic receivers.

Yeah the reciever is new as well.
    I've used the old tactic on many boats and it was my most solid performer.
    And since I only have one boat, this seems like the best radio for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

I've used Tactics on everything from my scale and sailboats to my fleet of 15ish FE's for years...never one issue, but the receivers don't like any moisture, consider coating it just in case.

Resurrecting an old thread since I have a Tactic question.

I hijacked a TTX600 from one of my airplanes and got one of the dual antenna 6 channel receivers and have been using that in one of my boats. The Tx is not programmable so I had to write down the settings for the plane when I setup the boat. Other than this, it works great in the boat (and I don't mind stick Tx's).

I'd like to get a programmable Tx for the boat (and heck, maybe put the plane on it too) as I recently acquired a new hull. I was leaning towards the TTX650 and was curious if anyone else might be doing this. The Tx has memory for planes and helicopters, but I assume I can program any of those memories for boats too (just name it accordingly). Thoughts?

Also, Tactic brands the radio as an airplane/helicopter system. What really differentiates a surface radio system from an air radio system? Is there some FAA issue (like back in the day with 72Mhz and 75Mhz radios)? If a receiver is designated "marine" is there anything special about it compared to a "standard" airplane receiver other than maybe being water resistant?

Thanks

I have a feeling this sub-forum doesn't see much action. Bumping (even though it's already at the top) to see if I can get a response to my previous post. I thought about creating a new post in the regular Q&A forum but didn't want to get bashed for asking a question there that is specific to radios. Hopefully someone sees this and can comment.

Thanks

For the record I don't use Tactic stick radios (I use Futaba stick radios). However, there are no restrictions you using an "air" transmitter in a boat (assuming its 2.4gHz). Just make sure you get a receiver that is compatible with your specific transmitter. Most importantly keep the receivers dry!

Later,
    Mike

Default Tactic not a second thought

this thread just became a zombie.
    my AQ Vela came with a Tactic T242 TX, TR324 RX and servos and are not available anymore (they all still work fine). Thus this resurrection to this thread. (pistol grip, wheeled radios do not go well with sailboats, at least for me). so to sail my Micro Magic and Seawind along with the Vela i purchased the TTX403 and TR325 SLT RX's and they work tremendous, i can sail as far than i can see and bring my sail boats back. just now I purchased the TTX300 for Sheets and Giggles and will try in some of my power boats. The TX's and RX's seem beyond their price point as stated by the company and reviews i've read. i just purchased a DX5C for some crawlers and a couple of boats. my DX4S went sour and DX3C still works, a couple of Kyosho's but rx's are too expensive and hard to find. i have never raced, so SPEK's have always worked for me. so if any one who doesn't want to spend a lot but still wants a quality RX and TX without spending giant coins you can not do any better than Tactic. nothing fancy they just work really well.
    No antenna's.